Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting on the managers back yet. But he's hardly done anything. He basically got all the players back from injury, made 3 signings and kept us in the position we were already in when he took over.

We look crap against Arsenal here who also are playing for nothing as spurs were already 2 nil up at the time we conceded first and they knew that. I'm struggling to see how lampard turns this around next season because it's the worst Everton side I've seen for years and he's going to want to play us in a less effective style for sure
We were tumbling down to the bottom though, just look at the results prior to that. If anything he steadied the ship. If Benitez were still here we’d be relegated.

Let me think on it...

Brentford cup game was good, the home Leeds match was impressive and I actually thought the Leicester home match that we didn't win was encouraging (maybe go and check how we lined up that time, it could be enlightening). But yeah aside from that it has been pretty gash tbh.
Maaaaaaate, you didn’t enjoy beating United or Chelsea or even Newcastle who have been in top four form second half of the season?
You didn’t enjoy the Iwobi transformation?
You didn’t enjoy the bridge between fans and club finally coming back.
You didn’t appreciate a good performance at anfield which should’ve seen us with a pen to go one up with an hour gone if officials weren’t awful? Same thing City at home - should’ve had the chance to equalise in the last ten mins?

Spurs away was horrible.
Burnley we played pretty well but weren’t clinical and that was a horrible result.
Watford was poor BUT that point mattered in allowing us to secure safety before today so maybe in context it wasn’t that bad.

You’re basically saying you don’t like a back five low possession game which we’ve only implemented because we have a crap squad and it’s been the best way to grind out results.

27 years mate.

Im aware how long we have been bad.
See here is what bothers me more: I don't actually care if we finish 15th if we're a fun two hours of football every week.

But this 5-2-3 is so crap and such a hard watch that it makes it rather miserable.

And I don't mean I want us to have 65% possession and lose, there are plenty of ways to be entertaining without keeping the ball a ton.

I'm not getting on the managers back yet. But he's hardly done anything. He basically got all the players back from injury, made 3 signings and kept us in the position we were already in when he took over.

We look crap against Arsenal here who also are playing for nothing as spurs were already 2 nil up at the time we conceded first and they knew that. I'm struggling to see how lampard turns this around next season because it's the worst Everton side I've seen for years and he's going to want to play us in a less effective style for sure

This is mindblowing.

See here is what bothers me more: I don't actually care if we finish 15th if we're a fun two hours of football every week.

But this 5-2-3 is so crap and such a hard watch that it makes it rather miserable.

And I don't mean I want us to have 65% possession and lose, there are plenty of ways to be entertaining without keeping the ball a ton.
And its longer than 27 years for you, cos we got utterly battered by United in that 95 Cup Final.

I remember on my way home how bad I felt with how badly we played.

LOL

Iwobi again showing he's the only one who can play a forward pass into a dangerous area. He can't be stranded at RB going forward unless we find a whole new midfield that is better.

Good work from DCL and VDB.
Hoping it’s only because Paterson isn’t available and when he’s fit Frank won’t even think about Iwobi at wingback.

Maaaaaaate, you didn’t enjoy beating United or Chelsea or even Newcastle who have been in top four form second half of the season?
You didn’t enjoy the Iwobi transformation?
You didn’t enjoy the bridge between fans and club finally coming back.
You didn’t appreciate a good performance at anfield which should’ve seen us with a pen to go one up with an hour gone if officials weren’t awful? Same thing City at home - should’ve had the chance to equalise in the last ten mins?

Spurs away was horrible.
Burnley we played pretty well but weren’t clinical and that was a horrible result.
Watford was poor BUT that point mattered in allowing us to secure safety before today so maybe in context it wasn’t that bad.

You’re basically saying you don’t like a back five low possession game which we’ve only implemented because we have a crap squad and it’s been the best way to grind out results.

All of this

Status
Not open for further replies.