Match Thread Arsenal vs Everton - Preview, Discussion, Match Report & MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we will be way down the pecking order... our new owners will be paupers in PL terms who can not compete with the revenues of City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, The RS and we will never have the wealth of Newcastle or Villa.

Our club and fans see Dyche and managers of that ilk i.e. Moyes as perfectly acceptable for the short and long term, they will never do a 10th of what the managers at the majority of them other clubs have done.

As a fan base we accept failure, "as long as we`ve had a go"!

That is how I know....

I chose to believe a different path awaits us. Villa were staring at relegation 2 seasons ago. The right manager and investment/owners can turn things around, and that in turn will change the fans perceptions.
We have a boss new stadium, we are getting rid of the worst owner in football, a man even the venkys give a side eye to, and we have our fanbase.

I chose to believe a different path awaits us. Villa were staring at relegation 2 seasons ago. The right manager and investment/owners can turn things around, and that in turn will change the fans perceptions.
We have a boss new stadium, we are getting rid of the worst owner in football, a man even the venkys give a side eye to, and we have our fanbase.

this we can have new era at us

just need the clever owners and the debt wiped

the potential for us is huge bigger then villa city tottenham

I would be tempted to play the reserves just to stick 2 fingers up to the Premier League. Probably get s point deduction though. Strongest team and give it a good go..
Nice to see someone else sweating on.the final day rather than us. Would like to see Dobbin and Warrington given some game time

I mean your stats had us relegated the last 2 seasons with Luton due to surge up the table the past couple of months.

The stats also said we hadn’t won a Goodison derby since 2010.

The stats are the stats.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not my stats, I just post the stats from Transfermarkt...

Did we not stay up in the 2nd to last and last game in the 2 seasons before this season? You clearly had us staying up without any problem whatsoever in them seasons, does that make you wrong too?

I don`t really know what you are trying to prove with this but in each of the 2 seasons prior to this one we could quite easily have gone down, 1 goal against Bournemouth from going down.

This season we went nearly half a season without a win, the fact we didn`t drop in to relegation zone in that time says more about those promoted clubs, who knows what would have happened if we did, that would be pure speculation.

Show me where I said Luton is going to "Surge up the table", I always thought we`d lose down there which might be important and could well have done if not for last ditch tackles, blocks and saves. As it was it didn`t matter....

People make predictions on here all the time whether we are going to win a certain game or not, you going to police everyone? Or just decided you needed to be a bell end today? Come at me if we win, which we won`t....

The only way that will be the case is if new owners come in and completely clear the debt with their own money, as it stands the increase revenue from BMD will be negated by the debt, loans and interest on all of that.

We simply could not generate the revenues of the clubs I mention, all bar Villa have bigger stadiums than BMD and that will change in the near future as Villa have expansion plans to Villa Park, so even with no debt we can`t match them for matchday revenue.

Villa owners are Nassef Sawiris ($8.7bn), Wes Edens ($3.8bn) & Atarios. Our new owners will come nowhere near the wealth of the owners of them clubs mentioned above.

Whoever takes us over will be vulture American equity firms, our only hope to get back to the top would be Middle East state ownership who can invest large sums in our infrastructure, which categorically will not happen.

1716117994710.png

All I`m seeing on social media is our fans saying "let`s prove a point to the PL/Masters at Arsenal today", when was the last time we did that?

Oh yeah, 37k corrupt signs with a march and protest, what happened... Silenced within 3 minutes and lost 3-0 to the most bang average Utd side I`ve seen in 40 years without them even getting out of 1st gear.

Same will happen today IMO, a lot of hope, will end in failure, could be embarrassing, this is the life of an Evertonian.

All I`m seeing on social media is our fans saying "let`s prove a point to the PL/Masters at Arsenal today", when was the last time we did that?

Oh yeah, 37k corrupt signs with a march and protest, what happened... Silenced within 3 minutes and lost 3-0 to the most bang average Utd side I`ve seen in 40 years without them even getting out of 1st gear.

Same will happen today IMO, a lot of hope, will end in failure, could be embarrassing, this is the life of an Evertonian.
We literally stayed up comfortably despite having 8 points deducted, did you somehow forget that?

We literally stayed up comfortably despite having 8 points deducted, did you somehow forget that?
No, we`ve done well to stay up and more comfortably that we all would have thought, I just don`t think we win this game... Got the same vibe of that Utd game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back