Arsene IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree its just i hear the same issues for which we bemoaned Koeman in terms of consistant mistakes in squad choice and not having the support of his players

If it was you have a choice out of him or BFS then all day Wenger in fact he is ahead of a few managers we are linked with

I am just tired if mediocrity and uninspired choices
Elstone Williams and Scniederlin out with Bolassie demoted to the bench and Lookman brought home... yer i could handle wenger intermiddently

There was no difference between Arsenal and Everton when Wenger took over they were clubs with equal stature, Arsenal are light years ahead of us now both on and off the pitch their is only one reason for this Wenger and how much he has progressed that club.

I could possibly see Wenger DoF, Arteta Manager as a combination but I’d rather have Brands/Fonseca or even Brands/Silva I think.

I honestly cannot think of an appointment less in line with what we need. A 68 year old who's being hounded out of his current club for failing to address long standing issues and only having one style of play, with indelible ties to another club in the division meaning he'll always be accused of 'not getting us' etc. Not for me.

I do see your point(s) but we don't know what's been going on behind closed doors mate.

Things can just go stale at places. Don't think we can write off all his achievements because of the last 10 years- all of which have been post-new stadium.

We should get Alex Ferguson out of retirement too and appoint them both as joint managers. That way if one them drops dead on the touch line or suddenly forgets where he is or what he's doing there we've got the other one to cover him.
We would also have to redesign the technical area to allow for mobility scooters.
I can just picture Arsene patrolling the touch line on his scooter with little Sammy Lee standing on the back urging the lads on.

I do see your point(s) but we don't know what's been going on behind closed doors mate.

Things can just go stale at places. Don't think we can write off all his achievements because of the last 10 years- all of which have been post-new stadium.
He's undoubtedly an outstanding manager, don't get me wrong. I just think we have a very particular set of circumstances at the moment, which only a certain type of manager can really help us with.

The club really, really needs freshening up. Somebody needs to come in with new ideas and a steely determination to succeed. Whether they stay long term or not is obviously always questionable, but the appointment needs to be with a view to the medium/long term, because finding ourselves needing a new manager again in 2 years is just not going to help with what we're trying to achieve and causes even more instability at a time when we desperately need a rudder.

We need someone the fans can unite behind and believe in, because at the moment we are veering very quickly towards apathy and acceptance of being also rans. Much as I hate to say it, we need our own Klopp, a charismatic manager who we trust and see as 'ours', if only for a few years. Wenger is not that man.

What is it with Everton and wanting has beens? Rejects? And past it’s?

Ex player wins one fa cup or whatever.. “Oh oh oh he’s just turned 40 he’s on a free let’s get him! Can still do a job” blah blah blah

Mentality of this club and a lot of fans is backward at times

Has it not dawned on you yet that the players from the top clubs are unwanted as they don’t think they’re good enough! And aren’t they the clubs we want to catch? So why would we want players they don’t believe are good enough? And managers so to speak!
I bet the Leicester fans were saying the same about Ranieri.

Too old for us though.

Everton fans making fools of themselves again, yeah going for a 68 year old, that a fallen giant of a club have wanted out for years is a good idea, we really do have the dumbest set of fans in the Premier League, no wonder RAWK laugh at us.

20 years ago - my God yes
10 years ago - absolutely
5 years ago - yes please
Now - I'm not sure he's still got it.

I think we need someone younger with a vision , hunger and desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.