Arteta and his groin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Whats going on? he doesn't half seem to randomly be unavailable.

Only the other day he said he has been struggling with his groin for the last three months? are we paying for overplaying him now?

If he had a niggling problem, why risk him vs Brann? :huh:

And as for Leighton Baines - WTF is going on with him? is he fit or what? prior Brann we were told we have a full squad to pick from...

Moyes has clarified both of these issues up in recent interviews.

Arteta :
“I feel better. I’ve had a groin injury a long time now and have been struggling for three months getting back, not training and just playing. I hope to get back in training now between every game and I’m feeling sharper as well.

“It was getting complicated and I didn’t like it because I like to train every week and every day because it makes me feel sharper and better but sometimes that’s the way it has to be.

“The other solution was to miss seven or eight games and I didn’t want to do that.”

MORE :
The Spaniard returned from a groin problem to feature in the 6-1 win over SK Brann, but isn't able to play at Eastlands because of a stomach injury.

Moyes on Baines :

Everton boss Dave Moyes has assured fullback Leighton Baines he has a big future at Goodison Park.

Moyes said: "We think the world of him. We think he is going to be the left-back for a long time to come at Everton but just at the present time, for a lot of reasons, he has had one or two niggles and he has found himself not involved.

"I have spoken to Leighton to reassure him. One or two things have gone against him but he is the long term future at left-back here."

PS
You do have the power of the internet too Danny and I am at work.

Last edited:
Read what I put again.

Them 'interviews' don't answer anything I said.

I knew of the first interview, as I said "Only the other day he said he has been struggling with his groin for the last three months?". See here I was asking whether we are paying for overplaying him.

With regards to Baines, I was on about his on-off appearences, combined with Rathbone saying he could need surgery. This issue hasn't been clarified.

groin problems (oh hum) can be difficult to shake off. you think you are fine and then you don't quite get a sweet connection with the ball and you've pulled it again.

Arteta went back to Spain to see his Doctor about a reoccurring Stomach problem and the OS says he will be back for Sundays game against Pompey.

Baines has been a little brittle but he has shown some good form when he has played. I think his best years are ahead of him. I am just glad we have a deep enough squad to carry him at the moment.

Who is!:P:P:P

If Artetas injury was only slight he would not be running off to Spain. The guy he is seeing there is a top man in his field, normally such matters are dealt with by surgery. I said a couple of weeks ago that his injury was worse than the club is letting on and I've seen nothing to change my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back