Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams can't move quickly or pass the ball

This provides Holgate with a definite edge I think
This might be hard to believe but Holgate is woeful at playing out. He shouldn't be because he has the skill but his composure isn't where it needs to be and he doesn't do well as a result l

This might be hard to believe but Holgate is woeful at playing out. He shouldn't be because he has the skill but his composure isn't where it needs to be and he doesn't do well as a result l

Because he (like others) gets dropped after average games whilst teammates are picked again and again after being useless.

I wouldn't be composed either, id be in fear of losing my place.

Because he (like others) gets dropped after average games whilst teammates are picked again and again after being useless.

I wouldn't be composed either, id be in fear of losing my place.
He's been poor lately. He tends to make at least one error in every game and again he doesn't distribute well. He's not good enough going forward to play RB either.

Wrong thread for this though. Williams has been so bad that playing Holgate with Keane should probably be given a chance I guess

He's been poor lately. He tends to make at least one error in every game and again he doesn't distribute well. He's not good enough going forward to play RB either.

Wrong thread for this though. Williams has been so bad that playing Holgate with Keane should probably be given a chance I guess

No other option...

I'm sure someone desperate facing relegation in January might take a punt on him .............................oh hang on.

Ashley Williams on international duty is winding me up.

He is 33 years old and has been in absolute atrocious form for the best part of a year now, yet there he is swaning off around Europe with Wales.

He should be concentrating on picking up his Everton performances and actually earning that huge wage he is getting, especially at his age.

Saw the game on welsh telly, I don't speak welsh, but you know how some times you hear the odd recognizable word... I could swear the commentator used the phrase " Ashley WillYams, Bleddy Liability, Man!" several times :D

same as jagielka, they're both too old to be playing 3 full games a week, especially not consecutively. At the start of the season i was happy with williams, jags and mori rotating alongside keane, with holgate also an option. But as soon as mori was injured for the season we needed another centre back.

I have seen a definite drop off in performance from Williams. Even for Wales, he struggles to control the ball quickly and, when dribbling with it, looks more likely to trip over the thing than pass it effectively.

He also looks overweight. The sooner he can be benched, the better.

I was happy when we signed him but he has become a disappointment. Get rid before he becomes an embarrassment. Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back