Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never rated or wanted him but before this season I did at least respect him as a professional. I hoped because of his experience he'd be someone the younger players could look up too and learn from, he has after all captained his country to a Euro semi-final and lifted a trophy for Swansea. The fracas he caused in the Lille game though was embarrassing and extremely detrimental, not only to our cause on the pitch but also to how we were viewed by the rest of the world. I was fuming about that but was willing to treat it as a one off, the result of a rush of blood by a player frustrated by his own poor form. After Burnley away any respect I had for him totally went, now I want him out of the club ASAP.

Bringing him in was a massive failing by Walsh and/or Koeman, instead of buying proper quality players or bringing in talented kids to develop bring for the future they bought (and overspent on) stop-gap players who'd done well at smaller clubs but wouldn't get in any top 6 side. The only exception is perhaps Gylfi who looked to be hitting top form before his injury and is likely going to be a key player next season. The rest of them though, Williams, Bolasie, Keane, Rooney, all of them were complete wastes of money and were never going to help us challenge for anything. Maybe Keane can still turn it around, but nobody would bet on it at this point. Williams though, just get him gone first of all them because this season he's been nothing short of a disgrace.

Last edited:
I can't think of an Everton player in recent times I dislike more than this absolute cart horse. Done nothing but embarrass us and himself all season, while happily taking the 80 grand a week.

He has a year left on his contract may as well just let it run out. He is useful as a back up should we become desperate enough.

Was great at Swansea as was Sigurðsson, Klassen was great at Ajax, Keane was great at Burnley. Bolasie was great at Palace.

Then we buy them.

This is the only place fit for him................
5515683494_7be73927db_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back