Transfer Rumour Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, Fabian Delph and Yerry Mina sailed through theirs.

It’s all about the wages/signing on fee we are offering a 38 year old. Everton are in a mess because they throw insane weekly money at average/poor players at least double what they would get anywhere else as an incentive to join the horror show of a club, which in turn make any future potential sale from the club, nigh on impossible.

Our wages to turnover ratio is diabolical, it’s why we‘ve had the Premier league standing on our throat for the last 2 and a bit seasons. Now, couple this issue with when we pay big transfer fees/signing on fees and we don’t sell those players on for anything and it’s pure cost to the club. it’s a vicious circle of financial, contractual and footballing incompetence.

Ashley Young will be the pure embodiment of everything wrong with the club. High wages, lucrative signing on fee and absolutely £0 selling on fees. He is ALL cost for one season at most, no forethought for the future while pinning hopes of not getting injured on a man so ancient he’s got wrinkles in his forehead older than the 2 fullbacks he will cover. The fact that we have let one of the most promising defenders in the country go to Chelsea for less than what this fella will cost for 1 season is why there is rightly fume.

Amen to all of this. It’s not an attack on Young. The signing is a sad indictment of how the club is being run. Flogging youngsters to sign a 38 year old looking for his final pay check. You just know he’ll do his knee in or something.

It’s desperate stuff and I fear there’s more to come.

I'm at the age now where the vast majority of the Everton squad is either around my age or significantly younger

Ashley Young is older than me, and I'm hardly a spring chicken these days

We're turning in 1999 WCW

When does the Macho Man or Diamond Dallas get a run out?

If we were going to go after has-beens we at least should have been in for Milner. Ashley Young ffs, detestable character.

I'm at the age now where the vast majority of the Everton squad is either around my age or significantly younger

Ashley Young is older than me, and I'm hardly a spring chicken these days

We're turning in 1999 WCW

When does the Macho Man or Diamond Dallas get a run out?
Terry Funk just turned 79, could be worth a shout. You know he will put his body on the line.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-at-11.42.48-AM_edit_119213195284413.png

He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd have him in the team instead of Myko. And if it means we save transfer budget money to get a decent striker, AND get a premier league proven full back for a season, im for it.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd have him in the team instead of Myko. And if it means we save transfer budget money to get a decent striker, AND get a premier league proven full back for a season, im for it.

Absolutely massive if’s these though.

It isn’t the lack of ambition for me. In fact, I totally get that. How on earth can you be ambitious when you’ve been literally the worst team left in the league for two years on the trot?

It’s the blatant incompetence. Incompetence to the point where people with not a single second of experience within the sport can look at decision after decision and say “that’s a really bad idea” and it not be negativity but fact. It doesn’t seem to be a fallacy when I say your average fan could do better because on the face of it, they wouldn’t have made half the decisions this lot have.

Before I’m accused of recency bias I’ll list:
3 number 10’s
£100k+pw for Ramirez when every metric said he’d just had a purple patch
£45m for a 28 year old from Swansea
Big money for players from relegated teams
Endless managers who clearly aren’t fit for the job
Reject after reject
Stupid contract after stupid contract
An academy that runs like an actual inner city academy school

I could go on but I’m bored of my own rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.