2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’ll be our first choice left back to start the season won’t he? Pathetic.

….not the players fault, I actually think he and Coleman were awarded deals because they were a huge influence off the pitch last season. No doubt Dyche would like better options and hopefully FBs is an area they are still looking at. I suspect a RB might still be brought in given the number of links.

….not the players fault, I actually think he and Coleman were awarded deals because they were a huge influence off the pitch last season. No doubt Dyche would like better options and hopefully FBs is an area they are still looking at. I suspect a RB might still be brought in given the number of links.
What links? I don’t think I’ve seen any right back links.

Young had a massive influence on the pitch more last season , he cost us points.

SSN have been running the last game of last season v Arsenal , having got in a very good position to take a point Young plays a suicide pass to Tarkowski, as they say the rest is history. Sums him up for me.

Should be nowhere near our squad at all.

Young had a massive influence on the pitch more last season , he cost us points.

SSN have been running the last game of last season v Arsenal , having got in a very good position to take a point Young plays a suicide pass to Tarkowski, as they say the rest is history. Sums him up for me.

…..the fact is that he was part of one of the best defensive units in the league, a factor that helped keep our top flight status against the odds.

Until we bring in somebody better I assume he’ll share first team duties with Coleman because they are without doubt the best we have. Saying that, I hope we acquire a new RB.

I think they got deals because we don`t have a first team right back to hold down their place for 38 league games a season. Patterson is not the answer, given the little opportunities he`s getting, so we go with Young and Coleman for another 12 months and hope we find a replacement by then.

…..the fact is that he was part of one of the best defensive units in the league
In the same way that the worst student who barely passes classes is a part of the top class in school, yes.

He's still horrid but he's there, stinking up the place, bringing everyone's results down around him.

Such a bizarrely rosetinted point of view also - we can't criticise how obviously horrible he is and how he was costing us points consistently with his horrible play only because Branthwaite and Tarkowski are great defenders and we have arguably the best shot stopper in the league :lol:

Honestly Sandro wasn't that bad, he was part of a team that scored goals. No idea why people are criticising him at all honestly.

…..the fact is that he was part of one of the best defensive units in the league, a factor that helped keep our top flight status against the odds.

Until we bring in somebody better I assume he’ll share first team duties with Coleman because they are without doubt the best we have. Saying that, I hope we acquire a new RB.
The fact he's still here is frightening.

I'd much sooner give the 2 Young lads Dixon & Mills a shot at it or what's the point having them in & around the squad when a geriatric is favoured by a stubborn manager.

I stand by it , we should never have offered him a contract .

I'm not disagreeing with you but that crap pass should have been called for a handball before the goal. Still, don't know what he was thinking making that pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back