Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 1-0 to them written all over it. Someone in our back line will make a mistake and lead to a goal, and we have no chance of scoring.
If it was Keane starting you’d probably be right but I think Tarks, Coady (with his Wolves past) and Mason will be solid

They don't have to; next week we will have at least one striker in, and DCL will be a week closer to returning...it's just temporary and thank god Frank can see that Rondon is not the answer.

Oh 100%. I have no issue with the selection. It is all we have at the moment and it was a straight choice between Gordon and Rondon. I think well be fine with a couple of strikers available. Today’s game though, I’m just struggling to see us creating and scoring. Everyone needs to be on it.

He doesn’t have a strikers instinct though. Last week against Chelsea when we had the ball in wide positions he wasn’t getting in the box, he was staying deep. A proper striker would have been getting in the box anticipating the cross.
In lieu of having a proper striker we will just have to hope Gordon can do better today.
I am certain we will have better options for Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.