Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the goal threat in our side, squad even.

They'll be up for this game, especially early on, but it's a game I feel we could take something from but will probably see our lack of goal scoring threat cost us.

We've thrown away points at the start of season's for about 20 years now good into them with holes in the squad. I hope that's not the case today.

For some reason I see our Cab's as most likely to score for us from a header.

I think the front three will carry enough of a threat if we actually have the ball in attacking areas. That was a far bigger problem coming into this season for me. And today will be telling.

Gordon needs to be making runs into the box today and in behind, if only to pull the Villa grocks at the back out of shape to make space for Gray and McNeil to get a few blammos off - they both have it the locker so I don’t know why they’re not told to have a go, especially while we don’t have an actual target man in the box. That said, I’d have rather seen dele get a go in the centre of the three today, younger dele always seemed to have the ability to attack the right areas and anticipate the balls in the box.

Setting up to not concede while we have no goals in the team - calling a scrappy villa goal after 85 minutes of defending resolutely.

Villa are still easily beatable with this terrible squad of ours, yet it also wouldn't surprise me if we lost by three clear goals today.

Status
Not open for further replies.