BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1340
Spare a thought for poor QPR. I bet their fans had the same feeling of excitement as us when they found out they were getting Nike kits, only to be given the most basic, cookie cutter pile of template turd you could ever imagine.
Even if our new Umbro strip is garish and OTT, it will be original and bespoke and at least a molecule of thought process will be going into the design.
I reckon those kits are great, especially the home (although away should be a red and black version of the home rather than stripes)

Well Nike are still trying to get money out of us. Was in the shop earlier and they still want £30 just for the junior shirts!!!!

Yup i went to get my daughter one at the weekend and cant beleive they are still £30, despite the fact that nearly everything on the shirt will be different apart from the sponsor.

FFS it's June the 2nd and still no glimpse of our new shirt. Pull ya fingers out Everton and show us what it looks like!!:rant:

Apart from people's irrational hatred of Nike because they're American, I don't really understand why people continue to blame them. The fact last season's Nike kits are £30 is because the club bought too much stock and can't shift it, partly because they brought the kits out too late last summer, that's probably why they aren't releasing the new Umbro kits till 2 weeks before the new season begins. You'd think the club would learn and maximise sales by bringing all the new gear out (all the training stuff as well people like for the gym) before the summer but clearly we've got a bunch of amateurs running the commercial side of the club. The fact Sunderland get millions more in sponsorship than us and Aston Villa get better kit deals is proof of that. Villa released their new kits today btw, along with a cool launch video. By the time we bring out our new kit I imagine every club in the league will have released something. It's pathetic

Apart from people's irrational hatred of Nike because they're American, I don't really understand why people continue to blame them. The fact last season's Nike kits are £30 is because the club bought too much stock and can't shift it

No they never, the club don't deal with this. Thats why we have Kitbag, any loss on non-sales comes out of their end.

partly because they brought the kits out too late last summer, that's probably why they aren't releasing the new Umbro kits till 2 weeks before the new season begins

Again, down to KitBag for last year, also Umbro and Nike

You'd think the club would learn and maximise sales by bringing all the new gear out (all the training stuff as well people like for the gym) before the summer but clearly we've got a bunch of amateurs running the commercial side of the club.

Again, Kitbag

The fact Sunderland get millions more in sponsorship than us.

No they don't

and Aston Villa get better kit deals is proof of that.

Not quite. If you break the 2 deals down we earn more money. A guaranteed £2.5m per season plus a percentage of any sales for EFC from KitBag. On the other hand Villa receive £15m for years (£3.75m per season), then start looking at distribution, overheads, over bought stock; thatr number will rapidly decrease.

Villa released their new kits today btw, along with a cool launch video. By the time we bring out our new kit I imagine every club in the league will have released something. It's pathetic

What difference does it make, really?? The fact that a couple of people can't bounce round with a new kit on for a couple of weeks.

No they never, the club don't deal with this. Thats why we have Kitbag, any loss on non-sales comes out of their end.

Again, down to KitBag for last year, also Umbro and Nike

Again, Kitbag

No they don't

Not quite. If you break the 2 deals down we earn more money. A guaranteed £2.5m per season plus a percentage of any sales for EFC from KitBag. On the other hand Villa receive £15m for years (£3.75m per season), then start looking at distribution, overheads, over bought stock; thatr number will rapidly decrease.

What difference does it make, really?? The fact that a couple of people can't bounce round with a new kit on for a couple of weeks.

So at least we're not villa then ?

TBH Blues...

Have we ever released a kit early. Always very late in the summer. Its a farce, everything always is when it come to Everton an the commercial side of things.

Would be really nice if one season we released the kits for last home/away game of the season and it was on sale from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.