Baines Explains Why Lukaku Takes Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at Baines's kipper and body language as he watches the ball squeeze under Pantillimon...he looks well 'squeaky bum'

I totally buy it, thought that was the reason and also agree with it.

The last thing you want is a striker going through a drought where the pressure begins to build making it worse. Having Rom take the penalties simply makes that less likely.

Plus he's scored everytime.

The issue is if Rom isn't on the pitch Baines should take them.

That last sentence suggests to me that the alleged Baines statement is bollox, Ad.

I might have bought it if Baines had taken the penno against Burnley which Ross missed when Rom wasn't on the field.

So no.....I ain't buying it.
think baines is not arsed about it either way, he could've turned down Ross when he asked to take it

He has an agreement in his contract that if he scores 20 goals this season, we would have first refusal on Peter Cech. Was put in place as we at first didn't want to pay the 28m asking price.

Haven't bought the Echo in years mate. RS-supporting rag. No it's not good.
Okay I'm still sore at getting a "bounce ball" off Tommy Smith on the letters page.

Re Baines.... if that's the case, what's the story with the Mirallas and Ross pens then? If Lukaku is the designated pen taker then surely Baines has to be deputy...?
didn't mention Kev in the article but I think Leighton said in the article that Ross came up and asked him if he could take it and Baines let him have it as he seemed confident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back