Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCConnecticut

Player Valuation: £2.5m
So wow, down for a few days. I was somewhat incredulous that bandwidth would be an issue is this day and age. I was able to find out that GOT is hosted at FrozenWeb and shocked to learn that for $12US you only get 5GB of bandwidth. I myself pay less than $10US and get 3TB with midPhase. While we can explore ways to conserve bandwidth it is ultimately counter-productive to growing a community website so I would begin exploring alternate hosting providers.

Cheers Con. (whats your real name?)

Will definitely look into it. Will discuss it with Dylan as soon as can catch him on MSN.

Can you give me their direct link? Just so its certain I dont end up with a similar hosting site.

Upvote 0
youve heard the phrase

"a picture is worth a thousand words"

well in computer terms, that phrase is very apt. pics, be it avatars or signatures or one time pics in threads cost the equivalent of many many threads/replies.

fancy avatars and signatures are a luxury.

Upvote 0
Two different things, ever tony an, although the amount of stuff stored does have an indirect effect on the bandwidth.

Storage space means all the stuff which is on the server (GOT computer) and how much space it needs and has.

Bandwidth is when it gets sent to you or you send stuff to the site. The amount of that is measured by some hosting companies and they sometimes charge excesses for more usage than expected. (Although if you have a decent company they will work with you if you get an unexpected spike in visitors.)

At the moment you are reading a post which has been stored on the site, but which has been sent to your computer. So it is using storage and bandwidth.

whoooooooosh
so if we delete a post will it reduce the amount of bandwidth or starage being used

Upvote 0
youve heard the phrase

"a picture is worth a thousand words"

well in computer terms, that phrase is very apt. pics, be it avatars or signatures or one time pics in threads cost the equivalent of many many threads/replies.

fancy avatars and signatures are a luxury.

danny ban all the avtars lol

Upvote 0
If you delete a post you will save a minuscule amount of storage space, so don't bother.

We won't be having ANY more problems with bandwidth, EVER, plus I couldn't bring myself to delete your avatar!!

Upvote 0

If you delete a post you will save a minuscule amount of storage space, so don't bother.

We won't be having ANY more problems with bandwidth, EVER, plus I couldn't bring myself to delete your avatar!!

that is good to read dylan lol
(y)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back