Barkley..again

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone saying no, are you saying he’s worse than Doucoure? As much as he helped us these past 2 season with his important goals, he’s been truly awful most of the time and can’t pass, shoot or even tackle which was his main job when we signed him. Barkley in for him is an upgrade for me 100%

To everyone saying no, are you saying he’s worse than Doucoure? As much as he helped us these past 2 season with his important goals, he’s been truly awful most of the time and can’t pass, shoot or even tackle which was his main job when we signed him. Barkley in for him is an upgrade for me 100%

We need better to play off the striker - but in my opinion, Doucoure suits that role in this team more than Barkley.

In the first post you said he's had a great season at Luton - if that's the main basis then you'll know he played deeper there so I think you'd be better asking whether he replaces Gana, Garner or Onana in a deeper role.

he’s not got the work rate for dyche

We need better, those aren’t the only two options.

No

We need better to play off the striker - but in my opinion, Doucoure suits that role in this team more than Barkley.

In the first post you said he's had a great season at Luton - if that's the main basis then you'll know he played deeper there so I think you'd be better asking whether he replaces Gana, Garner or Onana in a deeper role.
I can’t agree, ok he played a bit deeper but he would be a better outlet anywhere in the middle than Doucoure, so many forward plays get shut down when he receives the ball it’s insane, which is Barkley’s main strength…keep the ball and look forward with a good pass etc.

In an ideal world I’d like us to not play either, and look for a new young player for cheap who we can train but the state we’re in we need to look for viable options available to us now and he’s one that could happen for a cheap price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back