Barsteward Clattenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
I have always disliked him based on that one game alone.

However, at least he seems honest in his assessment, others would have tried to justify their decisions and not admit their wrongdoing.

Too little too late, if he confirmed the rumours he said to Moyes "well I'm not going to give a penalty against Liverpool this late in a game" I'd have marginal respect for him.

Well after reading that I'm reminded of the saying, "the bigger the excuse, the bigger the lie"
Us Blues despise him so much you can see Rafael bringing him in on some position to dilute the vitriol coming his way.

The fact he keeps bringing this up says to me he has an unbelievably guilty conscience because he either took a bung and it’s eating away at him or followed a brief from the league like La Liga has/had for Real and Barca.
This. Why keep mentioning his performance against ourselves, Chelsea and United etc benefiting Liverpool further tarnishing his image. But then he was a cheat so probably just revels in the attention knowing he got away with it. Suspended by the league for financial irregularities and then being reinstated stunk.

If that had happened in Turkey or the far east you would straight away be thinking corruption. I'd forgotten how bad it was having watched it for the first time since that day.

I’m not old enough to go back that far mate… just be thankful you actually got to watch us when we were decent.
Yeh but you young un’s will be able to reap the future success of Rafael/ Potter/ Martinez/Ferguson…whilst we old un’s will be 6 foot under

….yep, I always thought it dodgy. Gerrard & Carragher apparently taking him out a month or so earlier, him giving Hibbert a yellow then Slippy telling him its red. Slimy.

Amazing how many big games he was given involving the Reds. Double slimy.
He had had been on a summer tour refereeing games, some of which included Liverpool games, he travelled back home with them on the same plane as them and the squad presented him with a signed Liverpool shirt, this was the summer of the same year he refereed this Derby game. Most fans would agree he favoured Liverpool with many decisions, I’d say he cheated Everton out of at least one point and he’s not the last referee to admit he made the wrong call in a Derby game, after they retired.

Without doubt the worst refereeing performance I've seen involving Everton, we were much better than Liverpool when it was 11 Vs 11 and looked a very good bet to go on and win that game until Clattenburg decided to take centre stage.

Seeing Carragher run to the away end at the final whistle having got away with trying to rob Lescott's shirt is still a very galling image.

Status
Not open for further replies.