Ben Arfa broken leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_in_london

Player Valuation: £10m
Apparently Newcastle want the FA to step in over the challenge from Nigel de Jong.

Maybe they'd like to also add in their letter that the FA should take another look at Nolans tackle on Anichebe!?

Anyway, what does everyone think about injuries sustained from aggressive tackling - should there be an added penalty for the infringing player if the injury sustained turns out to be severe?

Or is it supposed to be a mans game and everyone should get on with it?

Good question. Now I would normally say it's a man game and players should get on with it, but this is about more than just the player. Clubs are investing HUGE amounts of money and time into their players. Injuries happen, but when the injury is due to a reckless act of another player perhaps their should be penalties. The players suffer, the clubs suffer, and the reckless party walks away. Reckless players could be banned for a few games, and fined however I do not believe that evens out the damages done to the injured players and their clubs.

Last edited:
Very good point and when you look at both challenges Nolans is far worse and the git had the cheek to dispute the red card.

There should be some sort of extra punishment for these reckless tackles, there too commonplace now, Ben Arfa looks a decent prospect whose season is and career could be ruined because of one.

Not sure what punishment maybe a 5 game ban, not sure if it would be a detterent some modern day footballers might see that as more time off.

In todays game, the general consensus is, "get the ball with at least one of your feet / legs, then follow thru and do as much damage with your other leg as possible".

Dejong did get the ball, but once he knew he made contact he used his other leg to inflict damage. Its his right leg that scissor crunches Ben Arfa, very similar to Valencia's broken leg against Rangers.

These days carrying out a bad tackle is an art, not an accident, or more players would end up coming off worse trying to injure others.

In todays game, the general consensus is, "get the ball with at least one of your feet / legs, then follow thru and do as much damage with your other leg as possible".

Dejong did get the ball, but once he knew he made contact he used his other leg to inflict damage. Its his right leg that scissor crunches Ben Arfa, very similar to Valencia's broken leg against Rangers.

These days carrying out a bad tackle is an art, not an accident, or more players would end up coming off worse trying to injure others.

You're 100% right.

Very good point and when you look at both challenges Nolans is far worse and the git had the cheek to dispute the red card.

There should be some sort of extra punishment for these reckless tackles, there too commonplace now, Ben Arfa looks a decent prospect whose season is and career could be ruined because of one.

Not sure what punishment maybe a 5 game ban, not sure if it would be a detterent some modern day footballers might see that as more time off.
I think you're right. Unfortunately it would have to be a monetary punishment to make any difference to most modern players.
eg. How long was/is Anichebe/Ben Arfa out for? How much wages were they paid during that period? The offending player has to pay this amount. The problem would be if someone like Blackpool's lowest paid player injures someone like Rooney and he's out for a year.
Actually the real problem is that the bellends who make the desicions in football would hand out joke punishments to the likes of Steevie Meee and hammer the poor sod at Blackpool

I think you're right. Unfortunately it would have to be a monetary punishment to make any difference to most modern players.
eg. How long was/is Anichebe/Ben Arfa out for? How much wages were they paid during that period? The offending player has to pay this amount. The problem would be if someone like Blackpool's lowest paid player injures someone like Rooney and he's out for a year.
Actually the real problem is that the bellends who make the desicions in football would hand out joke punishments to the likes of Steevie Meee and hammer the poor sod at Blackpool

Anyone who gets caught on tape clearly assaulting someone and gets away with it scot free, could pretty much commence operation leg snap all game every game.

We'd get players agents negotiating 'damage' fees into contracts so that the club would always foot the bill. Kung Fu kick = £50,000. Zidane style headbut = £75,000!

This would make players like de Jong very expensive! Joey Barton wouldn't be able to get a contract!!

I was thinking along these lines too. Make them pay the injured players wages. Alternatively, give the aggrieved party the right to take legal action, it's pretty much GBH in some cases.

I was thinking along these lines too. Make them pay the injured players wages. Alternatively, give the aggrieved party the right to take legal action, it's pretty much GBH in some cases.

Big Dunc got jailed for his headbutt... why shouldnt these guys??

De Jong is absolute butcher. Suspend these guys without pay for a looooong time. I'm all for being physical, but the guy has a track record. How many guys does he have to injure before someone steps in and says "no more pal. Learn to tackle without injuring people or don't play".

Status
Not open for further replies.