2023/24 Ben Godfrey

He's quick and decent to man mark - but he's truly awful with the ball and should not be playing in hgames we expect to be on the attack for. Oddly enough I would play him away at United - and those kind of games when we are expected to be under the cosh. But never pick him for home games.

He's quick and decent to man mark - but he's truly awful with the ball and should not be playing in hgames we expect to be on the attack for. Oddly enough I would play him away at United - and those kind of games when we are expected to be under the cosh. But never pick him for home games.
I remember that dud Anthony destroying him last season so not sure

And Tarks.
Scandalous. First Dunk now Zouma. Where was Branners?
Godfrey was nearest to both of them. Leapt well but did his turtle neck and tucked his head into his shoulders losing much needed inches to reach the ball :)

Someone mentioned this after the dunk goal and looking back he does actually jump with his head tucked into his shoulders...............check it out

Really poor footballer, not a good defender either. You always worry when he is named to start, you can see he lacks confidence and isn't that great when he is. I would flog him if anyone would take him, he isn't even a good squad player, just rubbish.

The Godfrey experiment is over for me now. He offers some solidity and recovery pace but the deficiencies on the ball and his startling lack of aerial ability for a guy his size makes him a no for me.

I can see why Dyche brought him back in, the other RB options are crap, he has good physical attributes and there probably is some good will for him to give fringe players a go.

If we play a back 3, his physical attributes are Ideal for the right sided CB role. Other than that, he should only come on now if a defender gets injured or we need another defender to see games out.