2023/24 Ben Godfrey

How did he even start getting starts is what I wanna know. How can you be fit and on the bench an entire season then magically 2024 starts and he suddenly becomes an answer.

Isn't just all dependent on who's available? Last year seamus was fit and decent.

I appreciate that full backs have an attacking role to play but primarily in a poor team their role is to defend. And our defence is performing well at the moment.

We definitely need an upgrade on what right backs we have at the club. None are currently showing potential to excel next year. For now though I think the focus should purely be on the midfield and attack

Last 3 games

Outjumped by Dunk to concede last minute equaliser.
Lost Zouma from the corner v West Ham

Gave penalty away v United with a stupid tackle.

And he will prob start v Bournemouth.

MIght aswell play keane as he would have probably beat dunk to the header
(I cant quite believe ive just typed play keane)

I wonder where the idea that Dyche picks him because he is solid defensively comes from. His positional sense makes Patterson look like Cafu and his concentration just is not good enough, constantly switching off and losing the man he should be tracking.

His "performance" at home to Newcastle last year was genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen.

I was never convinced he was injured as reported, think he was just taken out of the firing line for his own good and then regroup over the summer.

This season after months on the bench he looked o.k in first few games back but he's always going to get exposed if he has a run of 4-5 starts as his confidence is shattered now.

CB options are looking a real state next season if Branthwaite is going to have to be solid. Think premier league survival basically depends on how good a replacement is sourced as there's only so much Tarks can do with the other clowns around him as CB options.

Holgate will likely come back into the mix aswell to compound the misery.