2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never had the making of a varsity athlete
giphy.gif

Not really the case Dave. If you have experienced a panic attack, or sat with someone who is experiencing one, it isn’t just one of those life moments and thankfully not.

This isn’t I am going to miss the train or I have hit reply to all on an email surge of adrenaline and blood pressure.

He has alluded that he will give his take and let’s see what he meant by his comments before calling him a rat.
I have. They are debilitating. I'm not making light of them and never would. Many have them and they are all destructive to that individual.

At the same time the issue was not about that - it was about the content of his tweet, which was a cryptic one alluding to the behind the scenes at the club and not about his mental health.

I dont want to know about a players private life. It's theirs, not mine. None of my business or anyone else on here or other forums.

I have. They are debilitating. I'm not making light of them and never would. Many have them and they are all destructive to that individual.

At the same time the issue was not about that - it was about the content of his tweet, which was a cryptic one alluding to the behind the scenes at the club and not about his mental health.

I dont want to know about a players private life. It's theirs, not mine. None of my business or anyone else on here or other forums.
Armed with a Tweet alone then, why label him a rat?

I have called Barkley a rat and a snake as he deliberately cost ‘his’ club money to force a transfer on his own terms. Had his own song and everything. That is mercenary, not Bernard. This league just didn’t work out for him.

Rat is too harsh mate.

It wasn't a tweet, it was instagram but yes it certainly was cryptic.
I don't know how you can state unequivocally that it "alludes to the behind the scenes at the club and not about his mental health"
"those who appear here to spread the words of hate" seems to me to be aimed at users of social media and he says "don't understand half of what goes on behind the scenes" He does NOT say behind the scenes at the club. Those last 3 words are nothing but your interpretation.
It may be that you are much better than me at solving cryptic clues, who knows? but IMO it very much is to do with his mental health and specifically the abuse he suffered on social media after making his mental health problems public.

For clarity his full post is copied below.

'First of all I would like to thank the fans, and all the players who were with me and always supported me at all times, since I arrived I was always well received and treated as if I was really a member of the family.
'Unfortunately you who support me and not those who appear here to spread the words of hate DON'T KNOW HALF of what happens behind the scenes, I wanted to be more clear but unfortunately TODAY I can't, the message I leave today is of gratitude and you will always be special.
'Everton is GIANT, has an incredible history and has the structure and capability to return to be and to conquer everything that it has been and conquered.
'I'm satisfied about how much I dedicated myself and did my best to be the best of me in all training and games, and I ask God to continue blessing all the friends I left at the club and hoping that Everton returns to the glories that it deserves.'

Armed with a Tweet alone then, why label him a rat?

I have called Barkley a rat and a snake as he deliberately cost ‘his’ club money to force a transfer on his own terms. Had his own song and everything. That is mercenary, not Bernard. This league just didn’t work out for him.

Rat is too harsh mate.
Well you cant use the term and then call someone else out for using it!

I don't know how you can state unequivocally that it "alludes to the behind the scenes at the club and not about his mental health"
"those who appear here to spread the words of hate" seems to me to be aimed at users of social media and he says "don't understand half of what goes on behind the scenes" He does NOT say behind the scenes at the club. Those last 3 words are nothing but your interpretation.
It may be that you are much better than me at solving cryptic clues, who knows? but IMO it very much is to do with his mental health and specifically the abuse he suffered on social media after making his mental health problems public.

'First of all I would like to thank the fans, and all the players who were with me and always supported me at all times, since I arrived I was always well received and treated as if I was really a member of the family.
'Unfortunately you who support me and not those who appear here to spread the words of hate DON'T KNOW HALF of what happens behind the scenes, I wanted to be more clear but unfortunately TODAY I can't, the message I leave today is of gratitude and you will always be special.
'Everton is GIANT, has an incredible history and has the structure and capability to return to be and to conquer everything that it has been and conquered.
'I'm satisfied about how much I dedicated myself and did my best to be the best of me in all training and games, and I ask God to continue blessing all the friends I left at the club and hoping that Everton returns to the glories that it deserves.'
Yes, it is a matter of interpretation. But 'behind the scenes' means the club. What else could it mean when he's addressing his message to Everton supporters? Something has gone on between player and club.

The club's terse tweet tonight looks like a response to that. You dont sign off on a player of 3 years standing like that without some provocation.

It's high time concerned Evertonians took an honest, clear eyed look at the club's External Factor problem.

Same read it as you did. Guy didnt do anything wrong free transfer or close to it, yes big wages carnt blame him for that. Did sulk injuries, always seemed happy with his team mates. Did move last year when he could of but probably didnt want to swap the PL for the UAE; now has. Good luck to the bloke.

The value of a players contract can have a very big affect on a transfer value. If the player doesn't want to lose that money then he's not gonna move unless it's for a good deal. And clubs aren't always willing to match that wage AND spend a big transfer fee.

Rodriguez came to Everton on a free - because we were willing to take the wages off Madrid. Gareth Bale has been a similar story due to his massive contract he won't give up at Madrid.
I also don't get the claim that the UAE clubs are "V Rich."

The record fee over here was about 14m, and that was about 5 years ago for a striker.

Most clubs make 1 or 2 'big' signings each summer, but they are usually around 2m. If Bernard had gone to Al Nasr last jan for 7/8m it would have been massive news. The clubs often need to pay similar wages to attract the marquee players because they know it's probably the end of the career.

Bernard could easily turn in 7/10 shows each game and be in the running for league player of the season. It's garbage. The only case of a player stepping up after playing here that I remember is Lanzini. He was absolutely outstanding, but is in fact a bang average PL player.

He scored against Man Utd

Next game back on the bench

He scored the winner against Spurs

Next game back on the bench

When you see iwobi getting chance after chance to prove himself and start games and your sat on the bench all season after scoring against Man Utd and spurs your bound to be miffed

Iwobi got 1 goal and 2 assists in 1541 minutes last season

Bernard got 1 goal in 450 minutes last season and started 3 games

He was also crucial in helping us beat Sheffield Utd away

Ancelotti deffo had something against him

Status
Not open for further replies.