Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike91efc

Player Valuation: £750k
Hi Guys, with Koeman apparently close to joining us. What does this mean for besic. Will be get more game time? Or will it be McCarthy and Barry next season. I like besic he has a bit of everything only weaknesses are is temperament and is shooting. A midfield of Besic McCarthy Barkley looks exciting to me. What does everyone think?

Welcome Mike.

How many holding/defensive midfielders did Koeman play at Southampton? - Anyone know?

Depended on his system and he often changes from game-to-game.

When he was playing 4-3-3, it was one sitting (Wanyama), with two box-to-box players either side.

4-2-3-1 would be two sitting and three attackers in free roles behind the forward.

3-5-2 would usually be two sitting and one slightly further ahead in the No.10 position behind the strikers.

Besic, like Barkley and Stones, has a lot of natural ability but needs a lot of coaching. I remember when Moyes sent Barkley on loan just after his debut and there was uproar, but Moyes said that Barkley was playing as though he was on the park with his mates. In other words, he lacked discipline to go with his talent. I think the same is true for Besic and Stones. For me, someone like Koeman wold be able to provide the right coaching discipline to Besic, Barkley, Stones...probably Geri, and all the rest of the youngsters, and make them better players.

Koeman generally played 2 regardless of formation with Wanyama the mainstay but Clasie (not a defensive midfielder) partnered him a lot and Romeu came in (is a def mid) for the "harder" games.

I like Davies but don't think he will play a lot of games. Maybe FA cup league cup and easier league games. He should aim for 5-10 starts for next season. Might be with us might be out on loan. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.