Best away game you've been to.

Analfield derby 1964, we had to make 9 changes due to injuries and Albert Dunlop's doping allegations in the News of the world. Before kick off some dope ran out of the kop and planted a replica purple heart on the centre spot. Oh what great fun it was going to be, our delightful neighbors we're going to hammer us.

The game kicked off and within 20 seconds Derek Temple had given us the lead, we went on to give them a football lesson, 4 nill it finished, what a great game. I was at the Analfield derby the next season too, not such an enjoyable one.

Anfield for the Kevin Campbell derby back in '99. Didn't give us much hope beforehand but 1-0 actually flattered Liverpool. We should've won by more.

For some reason we all got kept in at the end for about 15 minutes but it was great to have a sing song on their patch after beating them then straight to the Blue House when they finally let us out. Missed the last train home and had to fork out for a taxi but didn't care. A night that will live with me forever.

Where were the away fans that game mate? The usual away was Utd fans as the home end was getting changed to seating.

Was it a reduced allocation or still big but in the seating main stand?
We were only given a few hundred, I couldn't get one, but one of my mates did, before the redevelopment as well as the scoreboard terrace, we'd also get a block of seats at the top of their main stand, that night obviously we just got the seats. I can't remember how they organised the sales of them, but only one of our little group who used to travel to most of the aways back then managed to get one.

We were only given a few hundred, I couldn't get one, but one of my mates did, before the redevelopment as well as the scoreboard terrace, we'd also get a block of seats at the top of their main stand, that night obviously we just got the seats. I can't remember how they organised the sales of them, but only one of our little group who used to travel to most of the aways back then managed to get one.

Spot on that mate. I love little moments like that (I think radio city only had 2nd half commentary on it though it might have actually have just been updates) and when I got to see the goals, none of the players ran anywhere in particular like they usually would, so always wondered where the Blues were sitting.

That would have been a belter of a game. I think either thr season before (or maybe the season before that) we won 2-0. Back in the days where we could still give them a game and not take 20 years to pick up a win.

FFS I was only 10 at the time and my Dad had me believing we'd gone all the way to the Netherlands. Now you're telling we only went on the Mersey ferry then down to south Yorkshire? 😂😂😂

Childhood ruined 😡😡😡
At least your old man probably didn't make a fool of himself in some place called "Bananas?" iirc the name correctly, while I was confined to barracks due to being off me box, as rat arsed as I could be and remember nothing till he rocked up at some ungodly hour saying we needed to get the coach ASAP to get the ferry.

That ferry ride back was one of my greatest memories of Everton, it was rocking from thousands of us.

Spot on that mate. I love little moments like that (I think radio city only had 2nd half commentary on it though it might have actually have just been updates) and when I got to see the goals, none of the players ran anywhere in particular like they usually would, so always wondered where the Blues were sitting.

That would have been a belter of a game. I think either thr season before (or maybe the season before that) we won 2-0. Back in the days where we could still give them a game and not take 20 years to pick up a win.
I was at that game you mention (2-0) and was actually sat in that block of seats rather than standing behind the goal. Ryan Giggs made his debut for them that afternoon. Yes, we had a pretty respectable record at Old Trafford back then.

I was at that game you mention (2-0) and was actually sat in that block of seats rather than standing behind the goal. Ryan Giggs made his debut for them that afternoon. Yes, we had a pretty respectable record at Old Trafford back then.

Yeah mate thats right Giggs made his debut

Watson scored and I'm not 100% sure but did Sharp score or was it another centre half?