Best away game you've been to.

Yep Newell and a tidy finish tbf off a parry.

Martin Tyler the ferret on commentary but apparently that was 3 days after our 1-0 win against the rs (2nd replay FA CUP) so definitely a great week for Watson!
I'll have a nose at that myself it'll be a long, long time since i've seen those goals. I'd forgotten it was straight after the Liverpool game. So in a fairly short space of time we overcame Liverpool over three games, won at Old Trafford and then went and got ourselves knocked out of the cup by second division (pre premier league) West Ham. Everton for you...

I'll have a nose at that myself it'll be a long, long time since i've seen those goals. I'd forgotten it was straight after the Liverpool game. So in a fairly short space of time we overcame Liverpool over three games, won at Old Trafford and then went and got ourselves knocked out of the cup by second division (pre premier league) West Ham. Everton for you...

Slater, had the game of his life.

Talking of away games, does anyone remember the fella who was on the official Everton away coaches? Had a moustache, top fella. I'm assuming he worked for Everton. I'm talking maybe 1990- onwards (maybe even earlier in fact)

Slater, had the game of his life.

Talking of away games, does anyone remember the fella who was on the official Everton away coaches? Had a moustache, top fella. I'm assuming he worked for Everton. I'm talking maybe 1990- onwards (maybe even earlier in fact)
Yeah, he did, tortured us that night. I never went on the official coaches myself but I'm sure somebody would remember?

I don’t know if a neutral ground cup tie counts as an “away” game as such but my most enjoyable away day ever was the semi final versus Spurs at Leeds in 1995.

We went over the night before and stayed in a little village just outside of Leeds (the village had a real Last of the Summer Wine vibe about it).

The guest house was packed with Everton and the craic in the pub was mighty.

The pub laid a spread on for us before the match next day…we were the late kick off, United kicking off earlier in the first semi final.

Elland Road was transformed into Goodison Park that day….they gave Spurs that massive main stand and we had the other three sides of the ground.

The noise we made as the teams came out was deafening and I have always been convinced Spurs players froze when they heard that roar and saw the sea of blue on three sides of Elland Road.

Ah, happy days 😊

As for a “proper” away game, I have very fond memories of a UEFA Cup tie versus Finn Harps in Ballybofey, Co. Donegal in 1978.

It was my first trip to God’s Own County (I have been there countless times since) and I took my then girl friend, now Mrs. K for the last 40 sommat years, on our first trip together….for a…ahem….”dirty weekend” as we called it back then :blush:

The teenagers should ask their grandparents :p

My first ever game. Charlton away (at Selhurst park) in 88-89. Reid equalised and Sharp scored a screamer. I remember being nervous as we held on for the win. A sign of things to come.

Away derby October 1984, Sharp 1-0 was brilliant and trumped the Spurs away April 1985 because at WHL I was in the home end and couldn’t celebrate as much as I would have done in the away end.
Villa away in Feb 1984 League Cup was sensational as was the Luton semifinal there in 1985.
Honourable mentions to QPR league 1995 and Spurs cup semi final at Elland road. Villa again Easter 1987 was a massive turnout. Norwich to clinch the league. More recently the pennos cup win at Chelsea.
Loads really but absolutely buzzing after that Sharp derby! What a hit!! What a derby!! Took 5 mins to refind my spek and Madame Allezlesbleus in the mayhem in that corner of the Anny Road. It was what the word mayhem was invented for 😂😂😂