Best away game you've been to.

I don’t know if a neutral ground cup tie counts as an “away” game as such but my most enjoyable away day ever was the semi final versus Spurs at Leeds in 1995.

We went over the night before and stayed in a little village just outside of Leeds (the village had a real Last of the Summer Wine vibe about it).

The guest house was packed with Everton and the craic in the pub was mighty.

The pub laid a spread on for us before the match next day…we were the late kick off, United kicking off earlier in the first semi final.

Elland Road was transformed into Goodison Park that day….they gave Spurs that massive main stand and we had the other three sides of the ground.

The noise we made as the teams came out was deafening and I have always been convinced Spurs players froze when they heard that roar and saw the sea of blue on three sides of Elland Road.

Ah, happy days 😊

As for a “proper” away game, I have very fond memories of a UEFA Cup tie versus Finn Harps in Ballybofey, Co. Donegal in 1978.

It was my first trip to God’s Own County (I have been there countless times since) and I took my then girl friend, now Mrs. K for the last 40 sommat years, on our first trip together….for a…ahem….”dirty weekend” as we called it back then :blush:

The teenagers should ask their grandparents :p
Ballybofey was great

I was going mental, my old man says "remember where you are!" I said I do and carried on.
I had similar in '99 when Kevin Campbell scored. I was stood in the Kop and celebrated, even when the cups of coffee were launched at my head.

It's horrible feeling knowing I've been there many, many times since then, and I've never seen us win. The 3-2 win at Upton Park in 2013 was a great day.

Villa 84 semi.
We did lose but we all knew there was a good thing going on.
out sang them for most of the night !
The other end of the spectrum Oxford away freezing cold night Inchy scores last 10 minutes for a replay, we went wild i think just to get warm how little did we know that a poxy 1x1 draw would lead to 3 glorious years , can anyone remember if the press/TV actually spoke about us then like they do about Man City now ?

Screenshot_20240412-121522_Facebook.jpg

Metalist Kharkiv

77/78 versus QPR away, we live down south! Took my 5 year old son to his first Everton game, we won 5-1 Bob Latachford hat trick plus Duncan McKenzie and can’t think who else, perhaps Bob got 4, it confirmed he was chosen,, he still speaks to me on the odd occasion, and both of his sons are miffed we chose them as well, hey ho. Got to love the ride we can’t get off