Best away game you've been to.

3 others stand up there for me
1.Wembley 66. 2 down and I'm crying my 8 year old eyes out only for that incredible comeback
2. Villa Park 1985 semi. Having played so poorly the late Sheedy equaliser and the ET Degsy winner were just sheer relief and ecstacy
3.Burnley away 1970. Driving through snowdrifts and winning 1-2 which was a pivotal moment in winning the league(and sitting in the Bob Lord stand with hot air blowing on our feet whilst unknown to me at the time @Joey66 was also there

All great days amongst many other away days but these 3 I dream about more than most

1.Wembley 66. 2 down and I'm crying my 8 year old eyes out only for that incredible comeback
2. Villa Park 1985 semi. Having played so poorly the late Sheedy equaliser and the ET Degsy winner were just sheer relief and ecstacy
3.Burnley away 1970. Driving through snowdrifts and winning 1-2 which was a pivotal moment in winning the league(and sitting in the Bob Lord stand with hot air blowing on our feet whilst unknown to me at the time @Joey66 was also there

All great days amongst many other away days but these 3 I dream about more than most
That's when we had great teams -1970 Liverpool away age 12 years old stood on the Kop with my older brother - we won 2-0 got our tickets of a tout at 2-50 pm - thousands of blue fans in the Kop - I will always remember that game with the Anfield road end completely full of blues chanting Champions Champions all through the 2nd half - we played them off he park that day the holy trinity pulled all the strings with one touch passing .....

Last edited:
Probably the 4th round FA Cup tie at Plymouth in 1974, my first ever away game. As a 12 year old, the train journey down at 4.00am was a great adventure. I couldn't believe so many thousands of people could make such a journey. We had fish and chips at a cafe before the game, and I got a kick in the shin from a local yokle. We won 3-1, we were going to win the cup, until we lost in the 5th round 0-2 at Goodison to 2nd division Fulham (koff Viv Busby). Everton that!

And
4. Highbury 1984 semi. Pure pure bliss

Coventry 1 - 3 Everton. 2000/01 season.

We were in the middle of a massive injury/illness crisis with a pretty poor team anyway. Alex Cleland and Niclas Alexandersson got rare starts but both got subbed off after about 20-30 minutes due to injury leaving us to rely on teenagers Phil Jevons and Peter Clarke who hard barely played at all before that for the rest of the game. We started a midfield of Idan Tal, Scott Gemmill, Mark Pembridge and Alexandersson we wasn't expecting much at all.

We got loads of tickets for some reason and took loads down there and we absolutely battered them and were 3-0 up after half an hour with goals from Gemmill, Cadamarteri and Kevin Campbell. Even their goal was nice in hindsight for us, a penalty from Lee Carsley!

Got the nice bonus of driving down the motorway alongside the team bus on the way home too and the players were all giving us the "get in" fists (You know what I mean..).

Just one of those boss unexpected (and badly needed) wins.

Coventry 1 - 3 Everton. 2000/01 season.

We were in the middle of a massive injury/illness crisis with a pretty poor team anyway. Alex Cleland and Niclas Alexandersson got rare starts but both got subbed off after about 20-30 minutes due to injury leaving us to rely on teenagers Phil Jevons and Peter Clarke who hard barely played at all before that for the rest of the game. We started a midfield of Idan Tal, Scott Gemmill, Mark Pembridge and Alexandersson we wasn't expecting much at all.

We got loads of tickets for some reason and took loads down there and we absolutely battered them and were 3-0 up after half an hour with goals from Gemmill, Cadamarteri and Kevin Campbell. Even their goal was nice in hindsight for us, a penalty from Lee Carsley!

Got the nice bonus of driving down the motorway alongside the team bus on the way home too and the players were all giving us the "get in" fists (You know what I mean..).

Just one of those boss unexpected (and badly needed) wins.
I’d forgotten about that one…unbelievable level of support at that game.

It was absolutely Baltic that day and towards the end a Coventry fan streaker ran on the pitch…bonkers!

1000064452.jpg

Probably the 4th round FA Cup tie at Plymouth in 1974, my first ever away game. As a 12 year old, the train journey down at 4.00am was a great adventure. I couldn't believe so many thousands of people could make such a journey. We had fish and chips at a cafe before the game, and I got a kick in the shin from a local yokle. We won 3-1, we were going to win the cup, until we lost in the 5th round 0-2 at Goodison to 2nd division Fulham (koff Viv Busby). Everton that!
Just got on to the fact through your post mate we could have done the double that season,we blew the league, Carlisle, Luton, Sheffield United,and had we beaten second division Fulham,could have got Brum in the semi,and West ham in the final,very doable,but as you said, Everton that!!!!

To make it better the RS got beat away at Ipswich, Mick Mills scored the goal. But what a train journey