Best chocolate bar ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine.

cadburycaramel_retropackaging.jpg

I'm liking this new trend where you name your favourite thing too rather than just coldly datamine.

This is mine:

28.jpg

wl_08_international_gr_01.jpg

If you think you know Marzipan think again. It's not molten sugar like the cheap stuff, it's sumptiously-rich almond paste. The dark chocolate-covering is just perfect.

Reassuringly expensive.

Meaning if this costs 10 times as much as your Mars bar, then enjoy one of these in the usual time-span you would consume 10 Mars bars. Like a high-end Single Malt, some things are worth enjoying in small doses.

Why do the English hate chocolate and peanut butter together?

Reece's Peanut Butter Cups are the tits.
Think the hatred of peanut butter goes far beyond UK borders. When I used to live in Germany, I goaded one of my German friends to try some Jif. After declining several times, he tried a spoonful and then proceeded to spew all over the floor.

I goaded one of my German friends to try some Jif. After declining several times, he tried a spoonful and then proceeded to spew all over the floor.

You persuaded a friend to consume washing up liquid? No wonder he was sick, mate.

come on lids,you've clearly forgotten Bourneville....

Named after a suburb of Birmingham where it is made, a little odd fact,George Cadbury built the village for his workers,300+ homes,parks,sporting facilities, shops etc,however being a Quaker he wouldn't allow alcohol to be sold in his Village so no pub was built.To this day there remains no pub,and Tesco's in Bournville sell no alcohol.

now then, if that history lesson isn't worth some reps,then I don't know what does !!!.

It's a form of concentrated lemon juice in the UK.

curiouser and curiouser...

Jif%20lemon%20450x450_tcm72-304255.jpg

Hmm...guess that just leaves more for us then ;)

@dholliday Germans don't like peanut butter either?

Not sure, actually...it's not common anyway. I kinda enjoy it myself every once in a while, but can't hack more than one or two slices before it gets sickly (bit like Nutella).

I wish proper English Tea was sold here...I truly miss Yorkshire Tea. Shredded Wheat too. English chocolate bars not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back