Best Everton team of the last 25 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall in the last 1-2 years with us was nowhere near the level Martyn was mate, not even close.

Baines nowhere close to being the clubs best ever left back.

I'd take Speed ahead of Richy or Arteta.

Gueye I'd take Carsley ahead of him too.

Distin and Lescott...

Lescott was never even the best cb in the team when he was here

Carsley ahead of Gana or Barry? Er no.

And Baines is absolutely up there with our best ever left backs. Certainly best of my lifetime.

Carsley ahead of Gana or Barry? Er no.

And Baines is absolutely up there with our best ever left backs. Certainly best of my lifetime.

Wilson was a million miles better than Baines mate.

For the number 6 position Carsley was more effective in it than Gueye

Wilson was a million miles better than Baines mate.

For the number 6 position Carsley was more effective in it than Gueye

Carsley was a good solid pro who did a good job in Moyes’ 4-1-4-1, but there is a reason we sold him to Birmingham City yet sold Gana to PSG. And why Barry had just been at Man City. They were both much better footballers. IMO.

Seeing how crap we are at the moment I thought I would reminisce and choose an Everton team of players of the last 25 years .

1. Southall - easiest choice of the lot

2. Coleman - excellent attacking full back at his peak
3. Baines - possibly the best left back we've ever had , what do you think @davek ?
4. Distin
5.Lescott - close run thing with the centre backs , could have had Watson and Stones / Jagielka

7. Kanchelskis - unplayable on his day
6. Gana - went for him as DM , 50/50 with Barry
8. Arteta - a lovely passer of the ball just got the nod over Cahill and Barkley
11. Richarlison - could just as easily been Pienaar

9. Lukaku - best centre forward since Sharpie
10. Rooney - supremely naturally talented player.

Would this team be a match for Man City ? Probably not!
You forgot to name the manager to.go with it, Sam for me.

On a serious note I'd have Pickford or Martyn over the last stages of Southall, infact I'd go with Pickford.

Agree on Southall, it was sad when was dropped by Joe in 97 but not entirely surprising. Disagree on Baines, definitely one of our finest left backs.
Yes you are probably correct about Nev but I was so pleasantly surprised that he played in the last 25 years that I just had to include him. On balance and based on their form in an Everton jersey in that period I'd go for Martyn.

Southall
Coleman Jagielka Unsworth Baines
Barry
Cahill Speed
Kanchelskis Lukaku

I think this would be a top team.

Status
Not open for further replies.