Best male vocalist….

peteblue

Welcome back Wayne
Now obviously Freddie Mercury had a magnificent power and range, McCartney and Elton John were brilliant and had a more subtle approach, but for me David Bowie was probably the best I’ve ever heard, he could just take an audience with him….

Obviously we are all different and have a different view, so who do you reckon and why …….

Now obviously Freddie Mercury had a magnificent power and range, McCartney and Elton John were brilliant and had a more subtle approach, but for me David Bowie was probably the best I’ve ever heard, he could just take an audience with him….

Obviously we are all different and have a different view, so who do you reckon and why …….
Gilbert Gottfried RIP... Voice of an angel.

Stop taking this thread serious. The only winner singing for his supper is the shaved yeti with a mop for a wig that can dance and beg for another couple of quid...

images

the stinking prick, and boris...

I was having this debate not too long ago about is it better to have a distinctive voice rather than a good voice. Distinctive every time.

Dylan or Bowie, for example, you instantly know it's them.

Absolutely mate. Even the music itself , the instrumental, there is nothing that stands out, it all sounds like loops from an app. I don’t get it honestly.

Clapton’s intro to Layla for example, Bowies Ashes to Ashes , there’s a hook there. I don’t hear it these days.

Absolutely mate. Even the music itself , the instrumental, there is nothing that stands out, it all sounds like loops from an app. I don’t get it honestly.

Clapton’s intro to Layla for example, Bowies Ashes to Ashes , there’s a hook there. I don’t hear it these days.
I suppose you filter out the best by decade and it seems that it was better in the past, but for every stand out there were 10 more that ran behind.

There's some great new music around, but it's spread across far more media.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back