Beto vs Calvert Lewin: Who deserves to be our starting striker?

Who should be our starter?

• Total voters
I can see Beto moving for £20mil. I can also see DCL being taken for £20-30mil.

Agree or not, they provide options and upside to a variety of teams.

Take the money and buy one player up top while keeping Chermiti as back up.

Theres low risk in this...compared with the risk we have today of never seeing effective forward play leading to goals.

For me, £40mil gets us alot of options. This is our major weakness aside from right wing.
Both wings are a weakness though Zat, McNeil is far too one footed and one paced to play on the wing at this level, he kills the breaks so often because he has to turn back onto his left foot. We need another option for Doucoure, if he doesn't score then he is just running about the place, he isn't going to slide balls through to the striker or out wide for the wingers.

We have a legally biding contract to pay a certain amount for him, with dates when payments are due.

We decide we don`t want him and want to get rid.

Another club comes in, but wants to offer much less.

What happens then ?

Do we pay it in full and then sell at a loss, do we make the first payment, then sell at a loss and top up the loss with our own money ??

Do the other club take over the payments and we top up the rest of the money due ???

It`s never happening in a million years.

Italian sides would pay £20mil.

Both wings are a weakness though Zat, McNeil is far too one footed and one paced to play on the wing at this level, he kills the breaks so often because he has to turn back onto his left foot. We need another option for Doucoure, if he doesn't score then he is just running about the place, he isn't going to slide balls through to the striker or out wide for the wingers.

If you were Thelwell, what would you do?

*Adam Wharton impressing so far notwithstanding :p

Backing Beto all the way. He lashes at shots but everytime he comes on something bounces for him and he causes the defence trouble. All we need is for him to finish one and I could see him being a great player with some confidence. What's the point in prioritising hold up play if our midfield never shoots anyway?

If you were Thelwell, what would you do?

*Adam Wharton impressing so far notwithstanding :p
For starters given we are probably going to be on a limited budget Id stay as far away from the PL or the Championship as possible, there are players about but there won't be any value for money for a club like us. I really don't want us paying money for Harrison or signing the likes of Brownhill, might as well rename the new stadium Burnley Moore Dock.

Any player given 20 matches to find his footing that can’t even get 1 over the line should be forced to step aside.

If it was Beto who had 20 matches and DCL was only being given 10-20 min here and there, I’d be saying the same exact thing.

It’s not about being a Bambi lover or Bambi hater. It’s about producing.