Beto vs Calvert Lewin: Who deserves to be our starting striker?

Who should be our starter?

• Total voters
Hard choice really. Lewin seems to be getting picked in the hope that when he eventually scores, it leads to a 2nd/3rd game etc. Beto we dont really know to much about bar the bits and pieces we have seen when he comes on pretty much every game, but he doesnt get a proper run of games in the team to be able to try and judge him properly

Time and again Dom's been tasked with leading the line on his own feeding on scraps with a dearth of creativity and guile in the centre and on the wing.
And then we gnash our teeth when strikers leave us and start banging goals in.
Yes he's in poor form but in a team/club that's all over place. The grief the lad gets is beyond me.

DCL was a development signing for 1.5m. He’s given a good service to Everton.

The hate he gets is poor. Sure he’s not doing well, but he offers the team something. His remit is goals, and that’s what he should be judged on - he’s in poor form and not offering goals, he does however understand the tactics dyche wants.

Beto on the other hand is a 30m signing who can’t kick a ball, head a ball, pass a ball, press, stay onside…

What I find most worrying is how tired Beto looks after his 10/15 minute cameos.

It’s not his fault he’s been signed for 30m I get that, but watching him you could have signed virtually any championship striker and they’d likely have offered more.
Mate, I’m not saying you are wrong, but has he gotten a chance?

It would be good if Dyche gave Beto a run of 20 games like DCL. Then is when we could judge him. I mean that finish vs city yesterday was great, despite being offside. Calvert Lewin got his chance and he blew it

Beto looks more likely to score a goal.

Dom is a better all around player but against Palace we are going to need to score goals. I genuinely believe the only reason Dom hasn’t been dropped yet is he’s important in the way we defend set pieces where Beto would be useless.

Beto spends his whole time on the pitch trying to make runs in behind and with Onana back on the pitch and a bit more time on the ball than City, we’ll try some through balls. Palace also wont play that same high line that caught Beto offside twice in 10 mins which should help.

DCL is clearly the better player, and given he's obviously more proven and a known quantity means that if I was picking our best XI, I'd have him upfront.

That said, the whole point of signing Beto is to have a viable alternative when DCL is off the boil, which he has been for a while now, so I would start Beto against Palace personally.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.