Beto vs Calvert Lewin: Who deserves to be our starting striker?

Who should be our starter?

• Total voters
The one that wants to be here all day long.

Don’t want us being DCL’s shop window as he aspires to ‘greater things’ (wages)
I'd go with that. Beto, with a pre season and a year under his belt might bag a few.

DCL wants out, so for me, although he's the better strike record, he goes on the bench.

Would like to see Chermiti getting regular game time also.

Beto and Chermiti should be 1 and 2 if Dom's still here without re-signing. Not even because we are spiteful that he's leaving on a free (although that plays a part in my mind as a fan). We should be adapting to life without him and Beto needs the minutes and exposure. If it goes truly terribly with Beto, then we can fall back on Dom, but that has to be assessed after a few games.

I'd go with that. Beto, with a pre season and a year under his belt might bag a few.

DCL wants out, so for me, although he's the better strike record, he goes on the bench.

Would like to see Chermiti getting regular game time also.

Goals per minute last season Beto and DCL were pretty much the same, given that I think two of DCLs were pens as well.

Unfortunately we need goals and DCL seems the more likely to get them. Does nark me that if we do play him and he does play out of his skin it allows him to give a good showing of himself to prospective teams so he (if this is maybe what he’s planning) can go on a free and get the wages and signing on bonus he wants.
If we weren’t so hard up and could afford a decent striker I’d have neither and have DCL sitting in the bench for the season. I just don’t want the whole Barkley debacle again where we get nothing for him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back