Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we bid €25m for a player with a €35m release clause I really don’t have a problem with that, it sounds sensible opening bid which could get accepted in some instances as not all release clauses are always met

My problem is that I doubt we did bid that and if we did, it was probably 5m up front and 5 each year for four more years

The other problem I have is they either accept or decline… then what?
Why does it take days or weeks to make another offer or move on to another target?

There are seven days left in the window.

No. If you meet the release clause, the selling club is obliged to sell, they lose their option to keep the player.

That doesn't mean they can't sell the player for a price below the release clause.

So we can't sign him for 25m, and then have to trigger his release clause at 35m, to then have them sell him to us for less than his clause... sounds legit that one.

If we bid €25m for a player with a €35m release clause I really don’t have a problem with that, it sounds sensible opening bid which could get accepted in some instances as not all release clauses are always met

My problem is that I doubt we did bid that and if we did, it was probably 5m up front and 5 each year for four more years

The other problem I have is they either accept or decline… then what?
Why does it take days or weeks to make another offer or move on to another target?

There are seven days left in the window.
Also since we supposedly tried to buy him last January wouldn't we have a clear idea of what they want and why weren't we talking to them at the beginning of the window? I despise this club so

That sums us up, €9 short of their valuation with the first offer

am i missing something with this beto fella

scored 10 goals and 1 assist last season in Seria A and he is now worth 35 mil?

i looked at the breakdown of his stats and he only score more than 1 goal in 1 game all of last season

he scored goals against: -

Monza (11)
Fiorentina (8)
Sassuolo (13)
Hellas Verona (17)
Lecce (16)
Bologna (9)
Spezia Calcio (18)
AC Milan (4)

his solitary assist was against Hellas Verona

A 36 year old Giroud scored 13 goals and had 5 assists in that league last season and he got a goal and assist against inter, scored against champions napoli, got an assist against Juventus and a goal against them in seperate games and a hatrick against sampdoria

is this guy really worth spending 35 mil on?

am i missing something with this beto fella

scored 10 goals and 1 assist last season in Seria A and he is now worth 35 mil?

i looked at the breakdown of his stats and he only score more than 1 goal in 1 game all of last season

he scored goals against: -

Monza (11)
Fiorentina (8)
Sassuolo (13)
Hellas Verona (17)
Lecce (16)
Bologna (9)
Spezia Calcio (18)
AC Milan (4)

his solitary assist was against Hellas Verona

A 36 year old Giroud scored 13 goals and had 5 assists in that league last season and he got a goal and assist against inter, scored against champions napoli, got an assist against Juventus and a goal against them in seperate games and a hatrick against sampdoria

is this guy really worth spending 35 mil on?

My thoughts exactly. The Italian league is pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back