2023/24 Beto

From what I have seen of him, he’s tries but isn’t good enough, yet again we went for a player who was never going to cut it in the league and for 25m!!!!

We would have been better off going for Danny Ings for a few years, even that guy who scored against us for Fulham early on in the season. They have just loaned him out. To me, Beto is not the answer and simply put, he is terrible.

From what I have seen of him, he’s tries but isn’t good enough, yet again we went for a player who was never going to cut it in the league and for 25m!!!!

We would have been better off going for Danny Ings for a few years, even that guy who scored against us for Fulham early on in the season. They have just loaned him out. To me, Beto is not the answer and simply put, he is terrible.

….the £15m Forest paid for Chris Wood was better business.

I know lots on here have been saying he only needs a run of games but I have always thought what you see is what you get, he is what he is.

We tried to sign Ings but couldn't afford him, couldn't work out a loan deal, he wasn't interested, etc, etc.

He would have been a decent pick up, but alas.......

A more physical Bernie, the Bolt ? Only 11 goals in the Italian league & we splash that amount on him - Ings for 1–2 seasons would have been better ....
2 easy chances missed IMO - mind you anyone upfront will struggle with that midfield Dwight McNeil hardly kicked the ball - I have advocated to try 442 - but a winger has to step down & the midfield bolstered - we must have better midfielders in the under 23a that tall lad never eve gets on the bench lad - reminds me of a good prospect ......

He was very poor yesterday and has a worse touch than Doucoure…there were times yesterday when his coordination was akin to a kid who chases a ball and hacks at it instead of kicking it.

The ref did not help him as he was continually manhandled and fouled and did not get a decision all game but he was/is extremely limited.

Early days still but I can’t see it working out. He struggles with the very basics. Looks like we have had our pants pulled down once again. Did he look like this in Italy? Got to question what our scouts are watching when we look at players.

Not going to write him off just yet, could be very well adjusting his game, certainly looks to be struggling with physical aspect so will give him this season. We simply not able to purchase the finished prospect these days. Is an element of speculation on getting him in but there we are.

If we had signed DCL in the summer, would we be saying he'd been a disaster? I think so. I'd play Beto for a while and bench DCL to try to shake things up, however forlornly. Beto actually has more goals than DCL over the last two months. From fewer minutes on the pitch.

He's not doing himself many favours with his general clumsiness and absent first touch but I feel like he is being judged extra harshly at the moment.

I've noticed with a lot of our fans that they have different expectations for certain players. A lot round me yesterday were doing it. Any time Beto goes near the ball he has to come away with it having done something positive and if not there are groans and judgements. But if say Branthwaite or DCL get beaten in the air or knocked over, nothing is said.

Obviously Branthwaite has been great the majority of the season but it's still frustrating when certain fans just cant wait to moan at certain players.

He needs to be given time.

Also got the assist yesterday so is still contributing. Won't be popular to say but I feel like those comparing him to Rondon and Maupay are enjoying seeing him struggle so they can moan about general frustration at the current state of the club.

Not impossible, but given the money that can be made from even half-decent players, especially strikers, it’s very rare for one to have been rejected by all top clubs/leagues than magically turn out to be PL quality. Too many managers, scouts, DoFs have to make shocking football and financial decisions for that to happen by passing him up, only for the the scouting powerhouse that is Appeal FC to unearth a diamond.

Everyone willing him to do well because of his demeanour, without really expecting it to happen. Still like it when he is causing chaos with his randomness as a change from Dom’s more elegant but equally ineffective style. But out of the 2, you’d think Dom more likely to suddenly go on a (brief) scoring streak.