2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good yesterday, goals will come.

I know people would like him and DCL to play together but even doing a straight swap between them on 60-70 mins is huge for us... imagine Beto running you ragged all game and then having to deal with a fresh DCL I'm his place?
100 percent we haven't had forward options like this for a long time...it will without doubt bare fruit.

Good yesterday, goals will come.

I know people would like him and DCL to play together but even doing a straight swap between them on 60-70 mins is huge for us... imagine Beto running you ragged all game and then having to deal with a fresh DCL I'm his place?
This really, it’s also a great opportunity to properly ease Dom back to full match fitness and we can always play them together if chasing a game

It’s great to finally have effective options

This really, it’s also a great opportunity to properly ease Dom back to full match fitness and we can always play them together if chasing a game

It’s great to finally have effective options
At the end of the day, scoring partnerships keep a team going - it's only a matter of time before DCL & Beto will play together - Garner in midfield instead of Gana would be a start .... plus Harrison & McNeil on the flanks -

I read this online earlier and thought that a rating of 4 out of 10 was a little harsh.

Beto – 4/10

The Portuguese forward could have and maybe should have come away with a hat-trick let alone his first Premier League goal. Should have scored at least once as he scuffed wide his one-on-one effort. Was picked to lead the line on his own and despite being isolated he excelled in the air bringing his teammates into the attack, but he was brought in to score goals for Everton and he wasted far too many chances against Brentford. He may now face the axe.

Really pleased how he has adapted so far,a PL goal would have been nice but he has been a focal point for us and we have in the main looked undoubtably better as a team since he arrived.

I read this online earlier and thought that a rating of 4 out of 10 was a little harsh.

Beto – 4/10

The Portuguese forward could have and maybe should have come away with a hat-trick let alone his first Premier League goal. Should have scored at least once as he scuffed wide his one-on-one effort. Was picked to lead the line on his own and despite being isolated he excelled in the air bringing his teammates into the attack, but he was brought in to score goals for Everton and he wasted far too many chances against Brentford. He may now face the axe.
I hate reactive journalism
Saying Beto wasn’t good yesterday because he didn’t score is like saying Tarkowski or Branthwaite were poor because Brentford did score

The difference having Beto up top versus anyone else we’ve seen recently bar Dom (Gray, Simms, Maupay) is monumental and if you can’t see that then you either don’t understand football or haven’t watched much of us the last two seasons

Beto – 4/10

Probably written by some kopite scruff straight out of uni. I've known some sports journalists and their takes are often horrendous.

By good footballer I mean effective, efficient and economical on the ball. Doing simple things with the minimum of fuss.
I don't think these attributes apply to Beto, to be honest, and that's why he turned professional relatively late.

But being a good footballer was only part of what is needed to play the professional game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back