2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate- you are actually dumb. I am sorry. You are obviously a bit too daft to comprehend certain things so I will let you have your victory. You win the idiot award. Congratulations.

Dyche won so I am happy. I disagreed with his selection but as long as he got the result I am happy. As long as we show up against Brighton I am happy. Congratulations on your stupid award. You’ve earned it
Oh you’re American, now it makes sense.

He’s not going to be a big goal scorer, never has been and he’s almost 26. But he must be unbearable to play against. His size, strength and speed are tough to handle, the effort he puts in will get him through.
Probably right but there there are some mitigating factors. Re his age he was a later starter so a later development is possible as seen by a Giroud or Drogba. He also played for an Udibese team that was not very attacking. Either way he will have a nuisance value that will be useful to us by creating space for others

I am not the loon taking things out of context to win internet points. I elaborated in my second post what I meant so any misunderstanding was clear and you doubled down. I had every right to call you out for being dumb.
I’m not trying to win anything as far as I could see you said you disagreed entirely with dyche thinking it was important to win which seems crazy to me and you haven’t said anything at all to suggest that’s not what you meant you just started calling me stupid straight away! I’ve got nothing against you and don’t care about internet points I just still don’t see what point you think you were making if not that we shouldn’t have played our best team.

I think his best role will be going against tired legs. It is very difficult to deal with his physicality and pace when you are on your last gasp. He is very raw and that is apparent when you see some of the positions he takes up and some of his mistakes on the ball here and there. But he is good at pinning players back and forcing them into mistakes. I think we have a very solid stable of strikers overall which is a good problem to have

I wouldn't be surprised indeed that we are talking with his agent..perhaps this is another reason why he is playing tonight, to keep him happy as I am sure he probably feels that he should be an automatic starter upfront.
Were talking about DCL right? As he is an automatic starter.

Regarding Beto, I just feel he is better suited to a counter attacking team. Give him the ball and see him going from deep -- did similar last night just showing the pace and power he has to assist the goal...

Have to see if he adapts and improves

I literally just quoted what you said you nutter!
Not to jump in here but...

He said "I think Dyche felt he had to win in front of the home crowd- so he went really strong." and then "I disagree with it entirely but I understand why he felt pressured not to start Beto"

You said "You disagree entirely with a football team wanting to win a game of football?"

Which is not a quote, nor is it literally a quote. Its literally not a quote, which is a slightly better example of both "literally" and "quote". In fact it doesnt even appear to be an accurate representation of what he said which, disagree with or not, was in simple rephrasing"I understand why he felt pressured not to start beto, but I disagree with it entirely. I think Dyche felt he had to win in front of the home crowd- so he went really strong." As you can see that is not "You disagree entirely with a football team wanting to win a game of football?" But please for the love of everything dont quote me on that, especially if its in the way you quote things.

For bloomin' ages we have wanted people who are desperate to play for the club and do well for them and we finally have a group that I think do. It's infectious when that happens and despite Beto lacking quality in areas at times his hard work and determination will start to pay off. We have seen with Newcastle how hard work and good atmosphere and environment has elevated so many of their players. Beto will only get stronger and so will the team because of it.

For bloomin' ages we have wanted people who are desperate to play for the club and do well for them and we finally have a group that I think do. It's infectious when that happens and despite Beto lacking quality in areas at times his hard work and determination will start to pay off. We have seen with Newcastle how hard work and good atmosphere and environment has elevated so many of their players. Beto will only get stronger and so will the team because of it.
I doubt I will ever call Dyche, THE MAN, but you have to give him plaudits for turning this S$%#show around, instilling belief and a work ethic sprinkled with quality, and winning games whilst keeping clean sheets.

The jury is still out in my opinion, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back