Big Vic Stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never rated Vic, but we need firepower up front, think he'll end up on the wing - he doesn't have the quality of strikers to be a proper number 9.

A 19 year old kid and one of our existing players signed up. Now we just need a proper signing or two to replace the quality just shipped out.

He needs to stop being so injury prone but still good news a lot of potential to come from this lid.I wonder if this is our marquee signing as arteta was in the summer maybe blue bill will be out of his bunker for a bit now.

I think Nolan might have had something to do with that!

Still only 22 mind. But I know what you're saying. He has flashes where he is unplayable - he was outstanding for 15 minutes in the second half against the sh*te for example.

22 in Nigerian years, so he has to be what, 30ish?! I kid, I kid. Glad he stayed on, he's young and seems to have been around forever.

I have to say i am one of the few that is happy big vic is staying,He's run's when bothered that is like some sort of bull dog at defender's which is more than what some players do-does not score as many goals as what we want but hey who does-we always seem to share the goals around,he is more effective from the sub's bench for me but glad he is staying.

He needs to stop being so injury prone but still good news a lot of potential to come from this lid.I wonder if this is our marquee signing as arteta was in the summer maybe blue bill will be out of his bunker for a bit now.
I think that is grossly unfair. He's injuries in general are no more than others. The Nolan tackle would have destroyed a lesser fit / muscled player. That said, while I call him Jnr Yak, I don't see him as an out and out striker. His best position is left / right attacking midfield.

In time, he might turn out to be the Drogba playerlike that the club wants, but those who watch Drogba's runs will notice that Ynr Yak at his best makes the same type of surging runs from the flannks, rather than as a player hanging on the last defender where he was so badly employed on Sunday.

Play him to his strenghts and we'll reap the benefits of his signing.

22 in Nigerian years, so he has to be what, 30ish?! I kid, I kid. Glad he stayed on, he's young and seems to have been around forever.

Ha Ha Ha cool

This is one Nigerian fella who we can be certain is his real age as he came to the Uk at a very early age. Grew up in same placeI did. Nice he's staying on and another who needs to realise his potential. Mostly doom & gloom with all things blue right now but between Vic & Bily I reckon thats 2 challenges DM might just relish seeing through to try & get the best from them- we're all winners if it happens. Time will tell etc

Ha Ha Ha cool

This is one Nigerian fella who we can be certain is his real age as he came to the Uk at a very early age. Grew up in same placeI did. Nice he's staying on and another who needs to realise his potential. Mostly doom & gloom with all things blue right now but between Vic & Bily I reckon thats 2 challenges DM might just relish seeing through to try & get the best from them- we're all winners if it happens. Time will tell etc

Work with a Nigerian. When he was born his dad was NINETY YEARS OLD!!!!!! Proving that when it comes to Nigerians, age has no effect on performance.

I think that is grossly unfair. He's injuries in general are no more than others. The Nolan tackle would have destroyed a lesser fit / muscled player. That said, while I call him Jnr Yak, I don't see him as an out and out striker. His best position is left / right attacking midfield.

In time, he might turn out to be the Drogba playerlike that the club wants, but those who watch Drogba's runs will notice that Ynr Yak at his best makes the same type of surging runs from the flannks, rather than as a player hanging on the last defender where he was so badly employed on Sunday.

Play him to his strenghts and we'll reap the benefits of his signing.

He seems to be out a lot mate with injury i know its not his fault he is just unlucky.I have noticed he is quite unfit as well maybe that will get better with game time.I like him he gives us something different i just dont know where i would play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back