Biggest Disappointment This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that his form has had a bearing, BUT, If our Cat had been better for the first half of the season, if we didn't concede daft goals almost weekly on our run of draws,If Moyles had been a bit bolder with subs at times etc. could reasonably point to any of them too.

In my humble opinion, most of the games we've drawn were games we should've won comfortably but for us (mainly Jelavic) not converting chances. Those games ended up being nervy affairs which led to us defending a narrow lead and conceding silly late goals. Jelavic started the season as our No.1 striker and rightly so after his exploits the previous season. Looking back, the team carried him until he was ousted by Victor around February. People have looked for explanations and have even blamed the manager. I think ultimately the responsibility for not scoring is with Jelavic.

Jelavic underperforming and still getting ahead of Anichebe for long stretches of the season

Negative tactics in easily winnable games

No signings in January which shows the lack of ambition on the boards behalf

But after growing up supporting Everton with seasons where we stayed up on goal difference and buing gash players like Nyoko, Im happy that we're in the top 10.

Starting the season playing great football then going into default mode. the moyes hoof. i new it would happen but was still disappointed when it did.

The fans.. Either whisper quiet, or vocally turning on our own team or manager.
Jelavic
Wigan
Sunderland

Transpennine express.
Our captains choosing to attack the gwladys in the first half, rather than the second.
The fact the burger van outside the ground has put his prices up again.

The mystery of Jelavic.

Last season even in jest I wouldn't have dared to suggest Moyes would oversee a striker of his class falling away - unbelievable to witness.

I would love to hear what Moyes says to the strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back