Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Who do you think the chairman was when this happened fellow blue?

Bill Kenwright, yeah.

Who was the owner and ultimate decision maker? The fella who brought in Rafael Benitez, forced through signings like Tosun after seeing him play a game of football, oversaw Steve Walsh throwing big money around on crap like Bolasie. I could go on, but the fact is everything that’s happened since Moshiri bought the club is on him. Everything before that was on Bill and that’s fair game.

Remember when everyone was buzzing about Moshiri and the Russian money behind him? Kenwright was nothing but a token chairman then according to some. Now he’s dead he’s become responsible for all of Everton’s ills. Bizarre

Bill Kenwright, yeah.

Who was the owner and ultimate decision maker? The fella who brought in Rafael Benitez, forced through signings like Tosun after seeing him play a game of football, oversaw Steve Walsh throwing big money around on crap like Bolasie. I could go on, but the fact is everything that’s happened since Moshiri bought the club is on him. Everything before that was on Bill and that’s fair game.

Remember when everyone was buzzing about Moshiri and the Russian money behind him? Kenwright was nothing but a token chairman then according to some. Now he’s dead he’s become responsible for all of Everton’s ills. Bizarre
Is this the same Bill who we got told how no control over the running of the club for the last few years. Yet dyche was praising him on deadline day for making phone calls and trying to get players in.

Did moshiri give Prenno and sharp jobs. Bet moshiri hasn’t a clue who Prenno was. Also Denise as well, that was obviously down to kenwright

Is this the same Bill who we got told how no control over the running of the club for the last few years. Yet dyche was praising him on deadline day for making phone calls and trying to get players in.

On a shoestring budget whilst he’d ideally be spending what time he had left with his family.

Moshiri should have been involved in all of that. It’s his money, his club, his final say on decisions, but he’s been AWOL for a while now. Signing the meagre cheques after screwing the club financially.

Now he’s bailing out and selling to vulture capitalists. Nice one, Farhad, all the best mate, at least you had a go.

And that’s how it should be, but 90% of the time this thread is active and on the first page of the forum. I’ve had to click through to page six before now to find the Mosh thread.

It’s totally disproportionate.
So post more in there. Keep the topic front and centre. Highlight all of his failings.

The reality is that all of those failings are connected to his unfathomable decision to allow Kenwright, a man who had steadfastly kept Everton on course for inevitable decline firmly in control of the day to day operation. Let's not forget, it was only in the final months when he knew the game was up with the majority of Everton fans he was only too keen to throw DBB under the bus.

Everton is in the position it is today because of Kenwright and his decisions. It's unarguable.

Last edited:

On a shoestring budget whilst he’d ideally be spending what time he had left with his family.

Moshiri should have been involved in all of that. It’s his money, his club, his final say on decisions, but he’s been AWOL for a while now. Signing the meagre cheques after screwing the club financially.

Now he’s bailing out and selling to vulture capitalists. Nice one, Farhad, all the best mate, at least you had a go.
That’s Bills own fault for staying on till deaths door, shows you how he loved the power and the mr Everton tag. Moshiri should have got rid on day one and got people who knew what they were doing and. How to run a football club, he was obviously taken in by Bill’s boy pen stories.

And Bill was never selling to person who was getting rid of him, that’s why it took him so long to find the right Mug

Moshiri has to shoulder some blame, but I firmly stand by what I said back in April regarding Bill, so no need to repeat myself.

And that’s how it should be, but 90% of the time this thread is active and on the first page of the forum. I’ve had to click through to page six before now to find the Mosh thread.

It’s totally disproportionate.

You are also guilty of not apportioning blame equally across both parties though. You spend more time in here defending that slug Kenwright than you do in the Moshiri thread, that’s just as bad as the weirdos that refuse to blame Moshiri for his part in it. It seems you’re just as incapable of acknowledging that both of these people have ran the club into the ground, and are trying to create a Bill vs Moshiri dichotomy which doesn’t exist. They’ve both been on the same side, working against this football club.

So post more in there. Keep the topic front and centre. Highlight all of his failings.

The reality is that all of those failings are connected to his unfathomable decision to allow Kenwright, a man who had steadfastly kept Everton on course for inevitable decline firmly in control of the day to day operation. Let's not forget, it was only in the final months when he knew the game was up with the majority of Everton fans he was only too keen to throw DBB under the bus.

Everton is in the position it is today because of Kenwright and his decisions. It's unarguable.

I’ve been on with this over in the Moshiri thread however thought I’d transport some of them over here seeing as everything Moshiri related is also relevant to this thread:

This cowboy is piling hundreds of millions worth of debt onto the football club rather than actually put money into the business he owns to keep it running. All this while continuing to increase his already vast wealth, somehow.

I’ll say it again. Worst owner in English football history. A criminal that should’ve been hounded out years and years ago.

Oh also, remember when he lied to all of our faces in that FAB interview last year saying he could fund the stadium by himself? How did that one go in the end? You’d all forgotten about that hadn’t you. I hadn’t.

Fella truly is scum of the earth.

The debt situation is on Moshiri as he’s taken out loans against the football club to “keep us afloat”, as well as fund the stadium which he lied to our faces and told us he could fund it himself in the FAB interview.

I have always maintained he’s never put a penny into this football club out of his own pocket. That’s never been more clear and evident than right now.

I’ve been on with this over in the Moshiri thread however thought I’d transport some of them over here seeing as everything Moshiri related is also relevant to this thread:

The debt situation is on Moshiri as he’s taken out loans against the football club to “keep us afloat”, as well as fund the stadium which he lied to our faces and told us he could fund it himself in the FAB interview.

I have always maintained he’s never put a penny into this football club out of his own pocket. That’s never been more clear and evident than right now.
You may be right with your assumptions but the point remains: if he didn't leave a romantic fantasist in charge of the day to day operation the 800 odd million (whoever it came from) would probably have gone a lot further.

A university student used to budgeting their pot noodle and student union bar spends would arguably have done a better job than Kenwright and his carefully selected team of incompetent arse sniffers.

You can pin the majority of the blame on Moshiri if it pleases you, but it's no coincidence that he was seen as a 'perfect' owner for Everton by the recently departed Kenwright. He was undoubtedly the perfect owner for Kenwright.

Let's not forget (as your so keen to air your doubts about Moshiri spending his own money) that Kenwright didn't spend a penny of his own money to take control of Everton. He borrowed off friends, friends he later shafted over King's Dock. He maintained his grip over the years by taking out loans, selling off assets and getting into bed with unsavoury types whilst Moyes worked miracles. (unspectacular ones, but miracles all the same) Zero pounds in, 10s of millions of pounds out as reward for taking over a club with NO Debt until eventually selling it for a huge personal profit whilst it's saddled with debt he ran up despite barely supporting a manager for 12 seasons.

A true Evertonian hero. Uncle Cyrils Nephew.

Anyway, ones gone. The other will probably be gone soon enough. Maybe both threads will finally disappear as well have new stuff to moan about.

You may be right with your assumptions but the point remains: if he didn't leave a romantic fantasist in charge of the day to day operation the 800 odd million (whoever it came from) would probably have gone a lot further.

A university student used to budgeting their pot noodle and student union bar spends would arguably have done a better job than Kenwright and his carefully selected team of incompetent arse sniffers.

You can pin the majority of the blame on Moshiri if it pleases you, but it's no coincidence that he was seen as a 'perfect' owner for Everton by the recently departed Kenwright. He was undoubtedly the perfect owner for Kenwright.

Let's not forget (as your so keen to hiligbt your doubts about Moshiri spending his own money) that Kenwright didn't spend a penny of his own money to take control of Everton. He borrowed off friends, friends he later shafted over King's Dock. He maintained his grip over the years by taking out loans, selling off assets and getting into bed with unsavoury types whilst Moyes worked miracles. (unspectacular ones, but miracles all the same) Zero pounds in, 10s of millions of pounds out as reward for taking over a club with NO Debt until eventually selling it for a huge profit saddled with debt. A true Evertonian hero.

Anyway, ones gone. The other will probably be gone soon enough. Maybe both threads will finally disappear as well have new stuff to moan about.

I mean clearly I’m not using any of that as a way of defending Kenwright or absolving him of blame. You should know my feelings towards him by now. I’ve also never claimed Kenwright did spend his own money on the club, he clearly didn’t. I’m simply here to provide balance to the debate.

Correct. ;)

Let's not forget (as your so keen to air your doubts about Moshiri spending his own money) that Kenwright didn't spend a penny of his own money to take control of Everton. He borrowed off friends, friends he later shafted over King's Dock. He maintained his grip over the years by taking out loans, selling off assets and getting into bed with unsavoury types whilst Moyes worked miracles. (unspectacular ones, but miracles all the same) Zero pounds in, 10s of millions of pounds out as reward for taking over a club with NO Debt until eventually selling it for a huge personal profit whilst it's saddled with debt he ran up despite barely supporting a manager for 12 seasons.

A true Evertonian hero. Uncle Cyrils Nephew.

Kenwright made millions off our club and put himself in the Everton hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back