Bill Kenwright

I agree he was a terrible chairman. But he’s passed away and think it’s bad taste to keep being mean to him when he did a lot.
He was a public figure and his decisions and actions created a public legacy that will always be debated by those affected by those decisions.
We are currently still living through the long term negative results of his long tenure.
He will be forever discussed as part of Everton’s past and future , for good or ill.
It is unavoidable.

Either way, I’m personally bored of it all. Theres enough to be concerned about at the moment without Kenwrights levels of ineptitude being constantly narked over. Imo.

Last edited:
Spot on. May have been a bad chairman but he was an extremely generous and charitable person.

Let the man rest.

You were having a go at me the other day for not giving Kenwright enough stick and focusing on Moshiri.

Seems to be a common pattern I'm afraid.

Nothing towards Kenwright or the other senior stakeholders, and the rest of them coming at me since i mentioned my now fiancé is from an Islamic state.

Sad to see.

Never have you once pointed blame at Kenwright prentice or the rest. Doesn’t disturb me but seems to be an obvious correlation.

It’s time to close this thread. Bill Kenwright has passed away. Like him or loathe him, he was one of us, an Evertonian. Let the guy rest in peace.
I’ve been following Everton for a very long time, met loads of fellow Bluenoses, never met one like Kenwright, a pseudo Evertonian, only met him once, a phoney, could smell his bull mess after just a couple of minutes along with his arrogance.

Don’t care. We live in a capitalist dominated world.

He did so much behind the scenes for people a lot don’t know about.

I don’t dare suggest this isn’t true, it does leave a couple of questions however.

What has what you say got to do with the well being of Everton football club itself ? Because that’s the issue here.

And second

Where was a lot of his supporters last January during that headlock disgrace? A few scoffs at protesters is all I saw and if anything they in general stayed quiet or meekly started to change tact. They knew he was wrong in what he did.

Last edited: