Bill Kenwright

Sickening to think we'd be City if Kings Dock went ahead.

I love BMD but it's 20 years too late. Makes you sick..
I think kings dock would have been a much better stadium in the heart of the city centre. Bramley Moore will be great but I'm not sure it is the the same league, to be honest.

All conjecture, though. Only one of them actually exists.

Anyone have any further understanding of Paul Gregg also falling out with Kenwright as he wanted to keep Rooney but Kenwright wanted him sold?

Drove Dixie Dean and Tommy Lawton out of Goodison amongst others. The man was the Kenwright of his era.
I think Dixie’s best days were gone to be honest, just through reading, Joe Mercer went just before I started watching the Blues, I saw one of the best players we ever hard forced out of the club TG Jones. Theo Kelly was an old fashioned man, straight laced who demanded respect without realising you have to earn respect, again through reading along with the story of when Tommy Lawton went to see him, Tommy opened the door marked Manager and walked straight in, Kelly went off on one and said to Tommy “ Get out, then knock on the door and when you hear me say “ enter” open the door and come in. That was eighty years ago, but he still deserved Tommy to say “ Your having a bleedin’ laugh aren’t you Theo”. Imagine Theo with todays players , he’d have to make an appointment to see THEM,their agents, wives and personal assistants!!

I think Dixie’s best days were gone to be honest, just through reading, Joe Mercer went just before I started watching the Blues, I saw one of the best players we ever hard forced out of the club TG Jones. Theo Kelly was an old fashioned man, straight laced who demanded respect without realising you have to earn respect, again through reading along with the story of when Tommy Lawton went to see him, Tommy opened the door marked Manager and walked straight in, Kelly went off on one and said to Tommy “ Get out, then knock on the door and when you hear me say “ enter” open the door and come in. That was eighty years ago, but he still deserved Tommy to say “ Your having a bleedin’ laugh aren’t you Theo”. Imagine Theo with todays players , he’d have to make an appointment to see THEM,their agents, wives and personal assistants!!
Ha ha ha to be honest with you i think the modern game, could do with a few Theo Kelly's to knock some egos into shape!lol

He was good on the administration side of things by all accounts, and i think he designed the club badge as well.

That feat alone means that he made more of a positive contribution to the club than Kenwright!

They're the flat earthers of the fanbase at this point. Delusional beyond belief!🙄
Those people are brainwashed fools and morons. People like them would be Jim Jones/David Karesh followers in other life.

A bunch of fools with no grasp of reality is all they are. If Kenwright told them the earth was flat, they'd fall for it hook line and sinker.

Let them rot and fester in their own ignorance and stupidity.

Ha ha ha to be honest with you i think the modern game, could do with a few Theo Kelly's to knock some egos into shape!lol

He was good on the administration side of things by all accounts, and i think he designed the club badge as well.

That feat alone means that he made more of a positive contribution to the club than Kenwright!
That dog who was part of the crowd welcoming the Everton coach before one of the vital games in our battle against relegation made more of a contribution than Billy Boy, better looking as well!

Bill the anchor of the club, dragging it down into the sea
1711406946505.jpeg
1711406980321.jpeg

I think kings dock would have been a much better stadium in the heart of the city centre. Bramley Moore will be great but I'm not sure it is the the same league, to be honest.

All conjecture, though. Only one of them actually exists.
I think we'd have found 1001 reasons to back out of Kings Dock and even if it did happen it would have been revised down to be a 35,000 frugal and featureless effort judging by how unambitious we were at that point