Bill Kenwright

Yeah because more and more is coming out about how the club is run him dbb moshiri ect all have to get balmed. The amount of bs we have heard from bk and he has left the club like this. You have to be angry it is us fan suffering still, honestly no idea when this nightmare will end. Just psr breach After another and he has played his prt destorying this club with claims of being a true blue
Ok, for those of us not keeping up, can you please summarise what's come out so far?

I'll never slag Kenwright off. I remember one night in Autumn 1995 when I was working in Stockport, and I went along to the small Garrick Theatre near where I was working to check out a rock musical about the whole Arthurian legend thing - which sounds cheesy, but was alright in its own way. Anyhow, Kenwright was there, checking it out in case it was worth looking at a West End treatment (it wasn't!), and I got talking to him about the recent cup final etc. I liked him, and when I took my seat it turned out by sheer coincidence that he was sat next to me, so I ended up taking to him quite a bit.

No matter whatever else you could say about him, the impression I took away was of a genuine man who absolutely loved all things EFC. I was in no doubt that had he not been on the board he would have been in the ground anyway.

I don't care about winning things with a bunch of hired hands and mercenaries, I'll leave that to the shower across the park. I want us to win things, of course - but I will never, ever criticise someone, in these days of the soulless and eviscerated game we see so much, who has his heart and soul invested in the club and who wants that success as much as the fans do.

Everton, that. And I'm proud to stand by that belief.
Hmm one of the worst posts i've ever read on this forum. Kenwright might have been nice if you got on his good side, but he was a bigger disaster than Heysel in terms of damage caused to this club.

I'll never slag Kenwright off. I remember one night in Autumn 1995 when I was working in Stockport, and I went along to the small Garrick Theatre near where I was working to check out a rock musical about the whole Arthurian legend thing - which sounds cheesy, but was alright in its own way. Anyhow, Kenwright was there, checking it out in case it was worth looking at a West End treatment (it wasn't!), and I got talking to him about the recent cup final etc. I liked him, and when I took my seat it turned out by sheer coincidence that he was sat next to me, so I ended up taking to him quite a bit.

No matter whatever else you could say about him, the impression I took away was of a genuine man who absolutely loved all things EFC. I was in no doubt that had he not been on the board he would have been in the ground anyway.

I don't care about winning things with a bunch of hired hands and mercenaries, I'll leave that to the shower across the park. I want us to win things, of course - but I will never, ever criticise someone, in these days of the soulless and eviscerated game we see so much, who has his heart and soul invested in the club and who wants that success as much as the fans do.

Everton, that. And I'm proud to stand by that belief.
That's a very respectful note. I never met BK was but did note an ability to understand people and also the time he put into community projects, too. Phil McNulty on BBC alluded him to being a romantic that wanted the best for his club, that I do believe he did love. But also a failure to translate that into on-field success or financial stability, for various reasons including his own personality. As a Chairman I believe it's the least successful spell of any owner in the club's history. The route to the new Stadium may have also imperilled the club further, we'll see. Its a sad epitaph but that's life.

Ultimately, I sort of think neither part to the guy's legacy takes away from the other:

+ He loved the club, he loved being it's master also. The club in his time was often referred to as an example of how to work in the community
- He didn't make it better over time, but with luck his dreams may come to fruition with better leadership - that we are yet to find.