Black Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to jinx it, obviously, but I'm seriously thinking of putting a bet on a Liverpool title & Everton relegation double to at least soften the blow financially. Apparently you can still get good money on that.
I suggest the same to any blue. If the worst happens, the very least we deserve is a few quid out of it.

Satan is working extra hard to keep his promise to the RS it would seem.

Is everybody excited for a final day possibility of Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa side taking points of Man City to allow the sh*te to steal in and win the league, all while a beloved former Everton midfielder and his Arsenal team relegate us in the closing minutes?

What odds for the worst case scenario and would this be the end of watching football for anybody else? :)
The odds are 62/1. If you really think it's going to happen, get your money on before the rs kick off at 7.45.

Honestly, that's kinda sad. There's nothing wrong with loving (hating?) football but there are definitely more important things.
It's not sad.

When you're brought up with it in your blood its part of who you are. So naturally when that part of who you are is what we are right now, it hurts.

It might not be healthy, but it's not sad. Everton is the only thing in my life where i've belonged to and despite being dross wouldn't change for the world.

It's not sad.

When you're brought up with it in your blood its part of who you are. So naturally when that part of who you are is what we are right now, it hurts.

It might not be healthy, but it's not sad. Everton is the only thing in my life where i've belonged to and despite being dross wouldn't change for the world.

everton is my life x

I don't fancy our chances against Palace, I don't fancy our chances against Arsenal, I fancy Burnley's chances slightly better than I do ours, I don't fancy Leeds' chances against Brentford. We are at this end of the table for a reason, that reason is our players are not very good at football. It wouldn't surprise me if we loss our two games, Leeds loss their game, Burnley might get a win.

I don't fancy our chances against Palace, I don't fancy our chances against Arsenal, I fancy Burnley's chances slightly better than I do ours, I don't fancy Leeds' chances against Brentford. We are at this end of the table for a reason, that reason is our players are not very good at football. It wouldn't surprise me if we loss our two games, Leeds loss their game, Burnley might get a win.
Can see that actually even a draw for Leeds means they go down on goal difference but imagine we lose Thursday then we are praying Brentford beat Leeds. I mean its pathetic and terrifying in equal measure! I know this every time I've worried about Burnley or Leeds winning they mostly haven't hope that continues!

True but football means a great deal to millions of fans including thousands of us long suffering Everton fans and we can do without relegation to add to life’s ever present problems.

This season has been harder on me as an Evertonian than 94 and 98 for some reason. I am an optimist and I am still reasonably confident that we do the business tomorrow, and we are not hanging on to results elsewhere.

I also have loved Shamrock Rovers since I was brought to their matches as a toddler, and the Dublin GAA teams.

Yes it is possible to be passionate about more than one team - not where they are in the same competition of course.

Everton have really drained me this season - I never had so many sleepless nights worrying about them. Daft to an objective outside observer, but

"to those who understand there is no need to explain. To those who don't it doesn't matter"

It's not sad.

My dad hated football dominoes and arm wrestling was his thing. The only grandad I knew was cricket the other was boxer. Football had no part in our family until I came along.

Born to be blue and football is a thing.

And safe by tomorrow's end. :locked:

Not really arsed who wins the league to be honest

If I had to take Liverpool winning the Title to ensure Everton survived then I'd take it, as I think most Blues would

Ultimately Liverpool are enjoying a golden era and even if they don't win it this year they'll be in contention for quite a few years yet until Man United get their act together and the Saudi money starts paying dividends for Newcastle

Honestly I think it would do our fan base a lot of good to just focus on ourselves and not worry about Liverpool winning stuff. It's going to happen regardless. So long as Everton can sort themselves out then we can endure

Status
Not open for further replies.