Blues for the England World Cup Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lao

Player Valuation: £35m
The Rodders thread has drifted onto this, so lets see what people think...

Baines has probably missed out recently due to early season form. He has now settled down and if his current form continues he should definitely be first option after Cashley.

Jagielka if he gets match fit and shows the form of last season, would be a better option than Ferdinand on his current form, certainly better than Upson, Cahill or the other one I can't quite remember.

Capello wil probably take the likes of Jenas before Rodders though, I don't think he's a risk taker. Unless Jack forces his way into the squad for the pre world cup friendlies.

Big seasons for Osman and Hibbo, you never know. lol

Jags is most likely. Bridge is sooo bad we really do need a better replacement. Not sure he'll take a rookie to the WC though so my guess is Bridge will go. Likewise Rodwell.

Would be great for the lads themselves - i would hope rather then expect Baines and Jags, Captain Phill would be handy to have in any squad to! Cant see Capello bringing many new players into the squad. Jacks not ready IMO.

Dont really want Jack to go to be honest, Lennon and Walcott are only now recovering from the last world cup - when they were picked to early.

Would be slightly pleasing to have Jags picked over Lescott though wouldnt it.

Last edited:

Would be great for the lads themselves - i would hope rather then expect Baines and Jags! Cant see Capello bringing many new players into the squad. Jacks not ready IMO.

Dont really want Jack to go to be honest, Lennon and Walcott are only now recovering from the last world cup - when they were picked to early.

Would be slightly pleasing to have Jags picked over Lescott though wouldnt it.

Lescott might only be picked over a fully fit Jags if Capello does not have full faith in Cashly and Bridge IMO

Wouldn't be suprised if neither PJ or JL go.

If jags gets last years form back when he returns, he has to be in next summers world cup squad IMO,but can just see the headlines next august now :-

'After spending 200 million and winning nowt - Man City come in with 30m bid for england ace Jags!!'

Just hope Jags is more level headed than Lescott.

p.s - can just see this headline next August as well :-

'After new city manager transfer lists him , Lescott - where did it all go wrong' ;);)

If jags gets last years form back when he returns, he has to be in next summers world cup squad IMO,but can just see the headlines next august now :-

'After spending 200 million and winning nowt - Man City come in with 30m bid for england ace Jags!!'

Just hope Jags is more level headed than Lescott.

p.s - can just see this headline next August as well :-

'After new city manager transfer lists him , Lescott - where did it all go wrong' ;);)

lol(in my best kevin keegan impression) i would love it if that happened. Only if jags stays

Lescott might only be picked over a fully fit Jags if Capello does not have full faith in Cashly and Bridge IMO

Wouldn't be suprised if neither PJ or JL go.

Lescott will go due to his ability to provide cover at CB and LB...that negates the requirement to take bridge a dedicated LB who in all honesty is crap.

That leaves the way open for Jags and Upson to contend for the other CB slot...Jags is head and shoulders above Upson and will be picked on merit after he returns fom injury and puts in a storming 2nd half of the season.

I Dont want Rodwell to go...hes too young and needs to be integrated slowly into the England set-up...Barry, Carrick and if fit Hargreaves have that position sewn up.

Somebody mentioned Hibbo and Osman earlier in this thread.....I'm speechless...obviously they've been on the bleach!

I don't think Lescott or Baines will go.

There is Cole, Bridge and if cover is needed Milner has played there. Jags is possible, but I think only if there are a couple of injuries and he hits form pretty quickly.

Unless Capello realises that Upson is garbage then can't see The Snide going at all.

Rodwell on the other hand has a squeek. And I have a fiver at 20/1.

Wouldn't mind if none go, because i don't like them mixing with those head turning England blerts...but I only like watching England when there are Everton players playing.

Hibbert is currently playing at International standard, but I doubt he'll get a look in even if he maintains it throughout the season.

Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines will be in and around the squad this season. One injury to Bridge or Cole and Baines is in whereas Jagielka has a big chance if he gets himself fighting fit. Lescott hasn't look comfortable when he's played, King and Woodgate aren't reliable enough and Upson is steady at best.

It's probably a bit early for Jack Rodwell but I do think Capello will have a look at him during the season, just to see what he's about up close. I can't see him going to South Africa though.

Its harder for Jack, he has so many other players ahead of him, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Hargreaves to name just a few. As TxB says it might be easier for Baines and Jags.

But if Jack plays like he is, he must be a shoe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.