• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Bobby Charlton. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby Charlton. I shall cherish the moment I met you in Oakengates leisure centre, Telford. You asked if I was there for your football school, to which I replied No, American Football. That look of disdain will amuse me forever.

The highest accolade might seem the most backhanded, but it's the truest.

The most ordinary man, the most ordinary father, and son and brother. A gentleman of extraordinary talent without need for limelight or adulation, where the celebrity and notoriety was sincerely not for him. A blessing to the game, and a quiet knowledgeable bastion of the honesty of the working mans pass time.

Rest in Peace Sir Bobby Robson, these shores are blessed with heroes so few.

The highest accolade might seem the most backhanded, but it's the truest.

The most ordinary man, the most ordinary father, and son and brother. A gentleman of extraordinary talent without need for limelight or adulation, where the celebrity and notoriety was sincerely not for him. A blessing to the game, and a quiet knowledgeable bastion of the honesty of the working mans pass time.

Rest in Peace Sir Bobby Charlton, these shores are blessed with heroes so few.
:pint2:

Yesterday was a very sad day for all Manchester United supporters , football rivalry apart this guy was a true great at Old Trafford and for England to , he survived Munich which i think still haunted him forever , i can remember sitting in the scoreboard end at the end of his time at United and watching in a daze RIP Mr Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back