Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Everton. Saturday 26th November @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent performance, hard to judge how many problems Bolton would have caused us with eleven men, but I thought we looked a lot better defensively. Much better organisation and covering for each other along the back four.

Going forward we still didn't offer much other than Baines and Coleman trying to beat everyone. We need either Osman or Saha to hit some massive form in this run of games we've got against ****e, if neither of them feel like pinging a few in I can see us continuing to struggle for goals.

View from the Palace end. Wasn't optimistic when I saw Rodwell, Neville and Distin out. Usually what Bolton lack in skill they make up for in aggression and those three would be big losses. Suprised (but pleased )to see Billy getting a run but a cynic might say that would be for the January shop window. Hibbo v Eagles didn't look an even contest either.
Shows how much I know. (that's why I follow Palace I supose!).
Everton started pretty well, solid at the back,Johnny looking good next to Jags, Fellani in command in the centre and Seamus lively down the right. The way Bolton fans were going on about how the sending off ruined the game spectacularly misses the point that Everton were under no pressure up until that point and if anything were shading it on chances.
Not a great first half though and I texted to a mate at half time that it was already a good candidate for last on MOTD.
Everton immediately showed more positive play at the start of the second half and great build up play down the left between Baines and Billy let in Fellani. Apart from Tims one save with his body, it was all Blue after that and could have been three or four. Best I've seen of Tim Cahill for a while. Very good team performance although obviously helped by the sending off.
Never seen a ref keep play going and then have to go back and book two players (both Bolton) for seperate incidents that occured during the advantage. Good reffing.
Great Blues turn out. Noisy and supportive as ever.Fellani song is hysterical.:lol: (Wouldn't sing it to my Mrs. mind. !)

View from the Palace end. Wasn't optimistic when I saw Rodwell, Neville and Distin out. Usually what Bolton lack in skill they make up for in aggression and those three would be big losses. Suprised (but pleased )to see Billy getting a run but a cynic might say that would be for the January shop window. Hibbo v Eagles didn't look an even contest either.
Shows how much I know. (that's why I follow Palace I supose!).
Everton started pretty well, solid at the back,Johnny looking good next to Jags, Fellani in command in the centre and Seamus lively down the right. The way Bolton fans were going on about how the sending off ruined the game spectacularly misses the point that Everton were under no pressure up until that point and if anything were shading it on chances.
Not a great first half though and I texted to a mate at half time that it was already a good candidate for last on MOTD.
Everton immediately showed more positive play at the start of the second half and great build up play down the left between Baines and Billy let in Fellani. Apart from Tims one save with his body, it was all Blue after that and could have been three or four. Best I've seen of Tim Cahill for a while. Very good team performance although obviously helped by the sending off.
Never seen a ref keep play going and then have to go back and book two players (both Bolton) for seperate incidents that occured during the advantage. Good reffing.
Great Blues turn out. Noisy and supportive as ever.Fellani song is hysterical.:lol: (Wouldn't sing it to my Mrs. mind. !)

It's superb isn't it.

It's hard to judge the performance from the 2 minutes of MOTD we got but i'm glad everyone here is saying we did well. Both the goals were good though, Bily's pass to Apocalypse was superb for that 2nd goal.

Liked the way we played in the 2nd half.

And to give credit where credit is due since I usually **** him, Bily had a good game today. Just looked more confident in general and played simple great passes. Good job Bily! (Still want Drenthe to start next week, sorry Bils).

Jags had a good game, Seamus is looking so much better. Vellios had a good goal, but a spectacular play by Cahill set it up - it was a great slide on his part. I'm giving credit to him on that one.

Fellaini had a great game, Howard for the most part had nothing to do minus 1 dangerous punch. Hibbo - other than this spectacularly bad pass, had an "old reliable" game per par. I love Leighton.

Saha and Osman = meh. They both have looked crap this season.

And finally, I think our problems in the back are partially missing Distin related. I can't wait to have him back.

A very important win. this sets us up for the games comming up, apart from arsenal we should be looking for maximum points. Including sunderland away.

I only got to watch the match on football first and the commentator (don't know who it was) made some good points. the one that i thought was bob on was how we attack teams. we attack in straight lines, all our players run in one direction, this is why we are so easy to mark. nodody makes an angled run or a dummy run to pull defenders out of position or confuse them even just to make them think. This is the problem with having a totally defensive coaching staff. If we can sort this out and it isn't really hard to coach i wouldn't of thought. with the pace we have now this simple thing could really turn our season.

Great result and 2nd half performance.
Masterstroke by moysie to put fellaini on kevin davies and baines,jags and coleman were excellant.
Never thought i would put this but bily did ok some good crosses and more effort from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back