Booked for Unsporting Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Player Valuation: £25k
So standing in front of Rory Delap while he launches yet another of Stokes one dimensional attacks earns Arteta a yellow card.Does anyone understand the meaning of ungentlemanly conduct or unsporting behaviour ???If you were jumping up and down in front of the thrower then I could see that maybe classed as unsporting, but if you were just stood there with your hands by your sides or even behind your back....I see no problem.Why is it deemed a yellow card to stand in front of the thrower yet on corners, set pieces, or even Delap throws, the oppostion can stick a man right in front of the keeper. Not just standing there but pushing shoving backing in and basically doing everything possible to impair his sight of the ball or distract him??? The rules are becoming much to hard to understand !!!!!

yeah that made me scratch my head.... was talking to my old man about it today and he said he thinks u have to be 2 meters away but i dunno to be honnest ...

He was booked because it is against the rules. Simple as that.

You cannot go within 2 metres of the player taking a throw in in any direction ( including off the park ).

Rafael would be on a permanent charge as none of his behaviour is gentlemanly.....thats what you get from the [Poor language removed] lovechild of Franco i suppose.

is there any yardage rule for throw-ins ?

it also seems that when a goalie goes up for a corner he's allowed to wrestle with anyone that marks him. the oatcake chomping, potters-wheel turning, duck that was reffing yesterday was stood watching their keeper and didnt do a thing, didnt even hold up play to have a word, if our lad was on the ball it wouldve been a foul, so is it not an off the ball foul ?..............maaar mate.

the rule is that you have to be 2 yards away

if you don't stand two yards away, you should be *warned*

had he done it before then? if not then the booking should be appealed

You have to be 2 metres away from the throw in taker (me thinks). You can't blame him for trying.

His takle about 30 seconds later was what worried me. If that had connected, christ he could have broke his leg!! He was so lucky to get away with that one.

the rule is that you have to be 2 yards away

if you don't stand two yards away, you should be *warned*

had he done it before then? if not then the booking should be appealed

That is wrong Si. If he impedes the thrower he is automatically booked for unsporting behaviour.

He doesn't need to be warned first.

Had me scratching my head to. But if ya have to be a certain distance away, shouldnt the reff just warn him.

I agree Sharpy, that challenge he got away with was nasty. I thought he was gonna walk. He was giving the ag out wasnt he, the little Spanard like. Some last minute lunges and blocks and being a bit cheeky sticking his tongue out at one of the stoke players.

Anyone see that when he was flicking his tongue after he gave a foul away? Must've been supping some agro juice before the game.

Have they changed the ruling on it then?
I was taught when training to become a ref that there was no yardage likeon a free kick it was just ungentlemanly.

Common sense says warn him, the rules say caution him i'm afraid.

"Law 15: The Throw-in
Procedures – Infringements
Referees are reminded that opponents may be no closer than 2 metres from the point at which the throw-in is taken. Where necessary, the referee should warn any player within this distance before the throw-in is taken and caution the player if he subsequently fails to retreat to the correct distance. Play shall be restarted with a throw-in."

Have they changed the ruling on it then?
I was taught when training to become a ref that there was no yardage likeon a free kick it was just ungentlemanly.

I'm pretty sure there never used to be such a rule, teams used to do it to that player who done long throw-ins for Tranmere...

Now its two metres away though.

Then the rule has changed. If you encroached,impeded or distracted the thrower you were booked.

If this is the rule now, then common sense has prevailed.

Maybe the ref HAD warned Arteta while he was going across towards him, but he never moved .

It's stupid rule, especially when a team can put a player directly infront of the goalkeeper because he can't be ruled as offside from a throw in.

You make Offsides valid for Throw-in's and Stoke would be a nothing team. but the way it stands you can park your entire squad on the goalline infront of the keeper and none of them would be offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.