Boss photos you've taken

4 from late at night in the garden just before midnight.

A froghopper (or is it a leafhopper, lol)...

hopper_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

A silver sided sector spider (Zygiella x-notata)

Zygiella%20x-notata_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

A short legged harvestman - I first thought Rilaena triangularis, but I now think it may be Paroligolophus agrestis - a common opillione.

rilaena_triangularis_a-Edit_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Finally the rapid running snout mite (Bdellidae) which I see quite frequently on the compost bin. Not sure what the interloper is just OoF, maybe a second snouty, but could be a springtail, or any other tiny insect! They feed on other arthropods like springtails, small insects and other mites, including their eggs. They harpoon their prey with a jet of saliva and attach it to the substrate with silk threads like shrouds.

snouty_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

And just to show how it doesn't always go to plan - here is the snout mite having speared something - and the focus is off because it's so small I didn't know I was missing it slightly to the naked eye!

snouty_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

I love wasp season...

There is something about wasps and apples that I find fascinating and when it's time for the wasps to come eat the windfalls, the photos usually lend themselves to give me a real buzz - as long as there is no sting in the tale... ;)

Also got an interloper photobombing the first!

augustwasp_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

augustwasp_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

augustwasp_c_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Then it's time for a quick face wash of all that sticky apple juice before saying goodbye!

augustwasp_e2_4k_1800-XL.jpg

augustwasp_e1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

I love wasp season...

There is something about wasps and apples that I find fascinating and when it's time for the wasps to come eat the windfalls, the photos usually lend themselves to give me a real buzz - as long as there is no sting in the tale... ;)

Also got an interloper photobombing the first!

augustwasp_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

augustwasp_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

augustwasp_c_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Then it's time for a quick face wash of all that sticky apple juice before saying goodbye!

augustwasp_e2_4k_1800-XL.jpg

augustwasp_e1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.
Kopites of the invertebrate realm.

Just after 11pm last night I had a look around the darkness of the garden.

Nothing unusual of course, except maybe the little wasp, and I only managed the focus on the ocelli rather than the near compound eye.
In addition, there was a tomocerus springtail, an opilione ( which I think is Paroligolophus agrestis ) and finally a very small candy stripe spider, sat on what could be a seed pod or something plant-orientated (to the eye I first thought it was a tiny snail shell, but it clearly isn't).

parastic_wasp_unknown_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Tomoceridae_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

aug_harvest_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

aug_harvest_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

candystripe_on_something_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back