Boss photos you've taken

Surprisgly, no...

There is a company that cuts the grass etc around here called Community Gateway, and one of their ground maintanace lads had just started his strimmer running, went to the grass verge nearby and and WHOOSH! went a stone out of the grass straight through the effing glass!
And to add insult to injury, it's left the shape of the "Everton" tower no one seems to like...

TT py.webp

The parish church of St Michael & All Angels church is situated at the end of Church Street which is off the main road running through the village and is situated next to the 17th century bridge over the river Yarrow.

The village is surrounded by farm land and is situated between the towns of Ormskirk and Preston.

In the grounds of the church we have a disabled parking area, a choir vestry adjacent to the church and the old village school which is now a village hall which can be rented and used by the community.

The church land continues behind the church and has Bishop Alan Chesters Wood an area with a wide variety of trees including, horse chestnuts and a small leaf lime. A number of the trees have been planted in memory of people from the village who have died.

Paul.

Sun setting over Blackpool area, seen from my house in Preston (using the Mini 3 Pro drone about 30 metres up.

Sunset-XL.jpg

Paul.

Looking towards Hathersage and Hope valley
View attachment 268899

Peak District is bit overlooked ( imo )

I know it`s popular, but it`s nothing like parts of the Lakes and places lake Snowdon.

It`s difficult to get to from Liverpool, which puts me off, with those two nutty passes you have to go over or go the other way, along the M62 and across, which is a real pain.

Peak District is bit overlooked ( imo )

I know it`s popular, but it`s nothing like parts of the Lakes and places lake Snowdon.

It`s difficult to get to from Liverpool, which puts me off, with those two nutty passes you have to go over or go the other way, along the M62 and across, which is a real pain.
Agree but not many places compare to those two. I live in Hathersage now so got to know some of the less popular but equally lovely spots.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back