Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the crap teams have now blended new players and have established patterns of play. We were just lucky with the goals against stat for weeks due to last ditch blocks, Pickford wonder saves and shocking finishing.

Every team in the PL has the ability to go to a top 4 team and accidentally win, apart from us. We can’t beat our fellow dross, and really don’t look like we could “give anyone a game”.
In short: we're cack

He hasn’t been great

But he also doesn’t throw the ball into his own net for the first goal, or stop playing for the second, and not mark anyone for the third

And that’s on the players that have been good this season

We are totally bereft of talent up front
We have more talent individually back to front than Bournemouth, we have absolutely zero cohesion however throughout the whole squad.
We have an old school defense that has threw itself face first at every shot and cross this season, but cant get further than our own 18yd box as their legs have gone.
A midfield three that play like kids in the playground, completely out of shape, Iwobi being like the decent kid that can skin 2 or 3 other kids bit ultimately gives it away as he has little end product (he is our best player by a million miles though).
Wingers who are all a poor mans Forest Gump, head down run fast.
And finally up top as you say we have nothing.
We would 100% be better playing Onana/Rondon/Keane up top and Pickford hitting him for 90mins, playing off and hoping for loose balls.
100% better than what Lampard is serving up

This will be 4 consecutive defeats to Bournemouth as they doubled us last time they were up, that's mighty Bournemouth who the RS tonked 9-0.

Yeah but let's be real, if that's the other way around, not one single person would be calling for the ref to stop the game or rule out the goal because a Bournemouth lad was one the floor. Selective fan outrage, for me.
I'll thank you not to tell me how all the times when I, my family or my friends called a referee out on player safety, irrespective of whether that kid was our or theirs, went. Not just in this sport, either.

What I have been saying is that I would be even more furious in youth soccer, where there isn't all the money on the line, but that I think this is a game where the imbalance with respect to player protection has been well over the line even at this level.

We didn't lose this game because of the ref. I was always taught that if you let the ref into it, you deserve to lose. Where I have the problem is the inconsistencies with respect to player protection, depending on which color jersey the player is wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.