Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was frustrating, but honestly, this was the first match Sam tried to get the team a bit more offensive oriented and it badly exposed several. Why he picked that team and tried to play a possession game was mind boggling. Why he tried to push up Martina and others with Jags/Keane in the back was also mystifying.

But the performances were just crap all around. First of all, McCarthy is clearly not in form and was terrible. JonJoe just had a dreadful game, and Keane/Jags were badly exposed. Morgan can't really cover for them, at least not like Gana can. Morgan honestly is a huge problem, as he can't mark anyone one v. one, and he rarely passes it forward even though he's capable. Keane also is making bad decisions, even though he's physically capable. Martina continues to kill us, but Yannick might have killed us worse. He in essence played like a 2nd forward and didn't come back and provide cover to Martina like Siggy would have. It was just a perfect storm of garbage.

And DCL, my heavens. Just awful.

That being said, a CF and a LB can massively help this team. If we actually upgraded Morgan for N'Zonzi, that would also be massive. Just massive.

There is only 1 player i would keep in an ideal world and that is Pickford.
Says it all really.
Need a new team and a new manager if we are ever going to win anything.

How can someone who can't take a corner or free kick would run and hide if asked to take a penalty might score one or two goals a season and can't put in a decent cross to save his life gets picked every week who else but Aaron Lennon totally useless.

Sam opened up the game by taking off Gueye ( injury or saving him for MU). He should of gone, like for like with Davies instead of Bolasie who along with Rooney ( In bed with a Virus for several days) not match fit leaving us with 8 fit outfield players. Their winner wasn't a surprised what flummox me was the goal came down our right hand side and not the left which was badly exposed with Bolasie and Martina.

In hindsight Kenny brings him down and take's the card but he's still learning his trade at this level. The shot took a wicked deflection and our luck runs out.

9th on 27 points four wins from safety. After the Southampton surrender, all of you to a man (or woman) would of snatched your hand off for that.

Keep the Faith

Last edited:

Been running on pure luck for weeks. Now that has run out I genuinely think we're getting smashed by United and Liverpool this week. Shame that even that wouldn't accelerate our recruitment process.

Yup, I remember us shipping 4 goals from the other team just popping balls over his head
Yes, against Aston Villa. I watched him closely in that match and he was far from being our worst player. He had a long
career with Udinese and Fiorentina in Italy, so he mustn't have been that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back