Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad signings are signings taking more out of the club than they contribute.

Hes signed plenty in Bernard, Kean, iwobi, Gomes, Delph, and King.

If you had the choice now would you spend money on any of those players? I highly doubt it and we pay Brands to avoid those mistakes.
Bernard fair point but was on a free but is a big drain on wages, Kean had one year and we're likely to sell for a large profit so strike that one off your list, iwobi completely agree never been a bigger waste of money, Gomes everybody wanted him permanently when we signed him hindsight is a wonderful thing, Delph cost very little in todays terms didn't work out crock agreed king six month gamble hardly breaking the bank. My point is (and i think someone said this earlier) all transfers don't work out brilliantly some are poor with all teams. Continuity in this position as well as manager is very important and i think its more useful to keep him than to replace with someone else with a different philosophy.

Without googling, can you tell me which players Overmars has signed for Ajax that have proven his worth?

Or have you just plucked his name out for no reason?
they produce quality squads that have made notable achievements in Europe recently ,mainly derived from their prestigious academy on a regular basis. He signed Neres and they've made incredible profits from their squad sales. So it's not like I just threw a dart at a wall with names of DOFs

Underwhelmed by him so far but also appreciate there are worse out there. The injuries to Allan and Doucoure have stopped last summer from potentially being a really big step. Absolutely need to see that decisive steps forward in the next couple of years.
So last summer would have been a really big step ? and the injuries mean it is his fault .Clown.

they produce quality squads that have made notable achievements in Europe recently ,mainly derived from their prestigious academy on a regular basis. He signed Neres and they've made incredible profits from their squad sales. So it's not like I just threw a dart at a wall with names of DOFs
So Neres, in 9 years?

This is true. Read th3 panic on these forums when West Ham were trying to sign him. He was very good at that point.

Well, no he wasnt "very good" at all.

He was a 1 in 5 player and people wanted him as they hoped he would become consistent.

Certainly not "all" posters wanted him.

So no, it isnt "true" whatsoever.

Well, no he wasnt "very good" at all.

He was a 1 in 5 player and people wanted him as they hoped he would become consistent.

Certainly not "all" posters wanted him.

So no, it isnt "true" whatsoever.
The majority of people were happy with Gomes signing.

Thats a fact, it wasn't universal, not much will get universal praise on here, you should know that.

Ha ha.

That's shut a few up on here.

They kept it under their hat too I think. May be wrong on that as I haven't spent a lot of time in the Everton forum lately. Far too much negativity in here.

Delighted with Brands extension, excellent at his job. Tough to change the nudge nudge wink wink handshake culture we had for 100 years overnight but he’s putting in place a structure that will serve us well going forward

That is an unforgivable declaration of mediocrity.

He is nowhere near the quality we need at this club.

Shame on the owners for this. Rewarding failure is not the basis you build firm foundations on.

Brands, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Jeffers, Baines.

No wonder we've won f.a. for 26 years.

If those 6 scab clubs had left we'd still have finished 8th and 9th with this lot in charge.

That is an unforgivable declaration of mediocrity.

He is nowhere near the quality we need at this club.

Shame on the owners for this. Rewarding failure is not the basis you build firm foundations on.

Brands, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Jeffers, Baines.

No wonder we've won f.a. for 26 years.

If those 6 scab clubs had left we'd still have finished 8th and 9th with this lot in charge.
We dont need one. It's not part of our DNA.

And, tbh, I think we'll see that in the coming weelks when Brands leaves and the position is quietly mothballed.

First job can be to sort the medical department out. Branthwaite now with a ligament injury. Is there any youth prospect who comes through at Everton that hasn’t shattered a bone or done a ligament by the age of 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.